Wednesday, February 13, 2013

GET DOWN PLEASE


 



GET DOWN, PLEASE.


You say it one more time.  “Get Down, Please.”  Is it a command or a warning.  You try to sound authoritative.  But your heart isn’t really in it.  You have said it so many times before.  If you have raised children, this might sound oh so familiar.  Say it like you mean it.  Repeat yourself a thousand times and do not let any anger show.  Show and Tell. 


Doesn’t matter that all of this is directed towards the cat, who happens to be on the table, and yes:  that annoys you greatly.  Today, the real issue for me is not that the children will fall and hurt themselves. It is about some abbreviated spelling of a complex performance that is my real issue.  SOTU.  Am I suppose to know what that means? 


Rocks and that sinking feeling that you have tossed the first stone, and now the windows are about to rattle and break.  Cleaning up glass is never fun.  But even more so, when you say, “SOTU.”, its similar to when I tell the children or the cat, “Get Down, please.”  Probably should stop there, realizing I am a grown up.  I should know better.  Should know that SOTU is a reporter’s way of saying, State of the Union address.  But it annoys me.  Over and over again, this manipulation.  As if it means something. 


Walked through that door a hundred times.  Should know better by now.  You can’t yell at the children or the President of the United States when he is at the podium delivering his big speech.  “Get Down, please.”  I just want it all to go away.  But one thing I’ve learned.  Its hard and in that hidden place in my mind, SOTU and the words of others scarcely influence me.  I do as I please.  It doesn’t stop because I am polite.  Nor if I am angry.


Just in Time.  Don’t have to be a grandmother to know what to do.  SOTU.  State of the Union.  I need a friend.  Somebody to talk to.  Not the cat.  Before the children come along, who do you share all this with?  I need a friend that reminds me not to worry.  And maybe this is why I need to blog.  Have my frustrations and just put them out there.  Say:  “Get Down, please.” 


Have a cup of tea or a glass of wine.  Take something.  Blow smoke.  Just in Time, I realized.  That’s what I am doing.  This blog.  Touching the hidden places and hoping to escape.  Now and Then, this is how my day starts.  But then I remember.  It will all be over soon.  How fast the children grow up.  How quickly 4 years pass by and this President doesn’t get re-elected.  I love this.  SOTU.  Means very little when you realize, they aren’t listening anyway. Hand-Held Device.  Newspaper headlines are a thing of the past.  Dinosaur  Fast at play.  Or domestic cat.  Is their nature to be this way.  And still.  I persist.  I repeat myself.  “Get Down, Please.”  As if anything less  would be inappropriate.  And that’s it for this day. 
My blog.

A pleasant reminder.  I need a friend.  SOTU.  Just in Time.







3 comments:

  1. I need a friend but it never works out.

    Once sitting quietly on a bridge over his stream
    A rat appeared.
    She didn’t know he was there.
    Suddenly they looked into each other’s eyes.
    Beautiful eyes.
    It’s a magic moment falling in love.
    Wanting to share your life with another,
    In your own little stream, a world hidden by trees, rich with good food,
    Exciting, when it’s a river of waterfalls.
    He never saw her again.

    Another romance lasted a week.
    It was a fish, a blenny in a rock pool cave.
    He’d entice her out with crushed mussels.
    (We kill for love.)
    She’d turn her head sideways to look up at him.
    Slowly she’d come out, take the food and return to her cave.
    He eventually lost interest and she moved home.

    Most of the time he talked to himself.
    Far out the Atlantic must talk to itself.
    Nice when it can make waves on Barra.
    She’s loved it to bits for thousands of years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing comment. truly. Hello Sir. Amazing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats something I wrote years ago. Nature is a special friend. It doesn't seem to care, though I'm lucky to have food and warmth and be out of the war zones. But today I am so ill I must go back to bed. I have already cut down a big tree that was falling from the gales and got firewood for my wife when she returns from church.

    Lover->Mother->Smother. Is there another path? Could I escape the final embrace?

    ReplyDelete