Saturday, September 23, 2017

Aspire To A Higher Authority




Aspire To Higher Authority

 

Weekend Lite.  It is Saturday morning.  Checked the email and now the morning news.  Ask myself, “What’s on my schedule now that I don’t need to go shopping?”  Is a problem I solved during the week.  Bought a second car and just left it in the driveway.  Said,  “You can drive it, if you go shopping first and stock the shelves for the things I need.”  Was smart, and now I have a lot of free time.   So was checking to see if there were any college football games that had my name on it, and was a must watch situation.  None were found.  Now am looking around.  Wrote it down,  but wasn’t sure how it would fit in my day.

 


“Aspire To A Higher Authority.”  Stared at this for a while, and decided it could be my picture-blog for the following week.  New Blog Site, Thinkr.com, and is a word press driven place where I can write down my thoughts and let them sit.  Not the higher authority I am seeking, but solves my situation of figuring what I will do, next.  Higher Authority.  Let somebody else take care of me, and perhaps that was the motivation for buying a car and leave it sitting in the driveway.  Just knew somebody would come along and ask, “ How come you bought a car?  You live in a nursing home?”  Of course this is yet a variation on a theme, which I wrote about last week.  “What have you done for me lately?  How will reading this benefit me?”   And he smiles.  Continue.

 

Word Gathering.  Oracle Comments.  Wisest man on earth.  Looking for somebody to tell me what happens next.   Words and music, and have time on my side.  For now.  Weekend Lite.  Somebody showed up and took the car.  “Where you going?”  “Shopping.”  “Don’t forget the peanut butter.”   I said.

 


Higher Authority and is my weekend word.  Not sure that I will find one, or if I am taking the task seriously.  Aspire to a Higher Authority.  Catchy phrase and now I have made it a blog title.  So now I just sit and write.  Gives me something to do.  Feel comfortable in my own space, and have a comfort zone in the peace and quiet that surrounds me.  No need to turn on a football game.  Just enjoy the moment and see what happens.   Alone with me.

 


Higher Authority and it isn’t really my answer.  But others remind me of their problems,  like fixing Health Care in the United States, or keeping the guy in North Korea from blowing us all up.  Current Media Stir and like I said.  “Turned it off.  Not listening.  Weekend Lite and it is nice and quiet now.  Plan to keep it that way.  Wisest man on earth if I can accomplish that, and if I can’t, will aspire to a Higher Authority to fix the things I cannot.   Not sure, if I really believe in what I am saying.  Maybe.  Maybe not.  Was willing to go along with the majority of those around me.  



Then they elected Donald, and I am left with a few questions for which I have no answer.  Donald Duck.  Quack.  Quack.  Back where I was when young and innocent.  Talking to myself.  Had a lot of imagination then.  Didn’t matter what was real.  I was busy in a world-of-my-own-making.   Kind of like it is now,  Weekend Lite and everybody is gone.  Left to my own means.  And I am writing next week’s picture-blog. Simple like that.

 


He writes.  “….. over the years, I have been blessed to have great mentors, teachers, family, friends, that taught me about life.”  When that didn’t work, I learned to read.  Learned a lot from books.  Did my lessons.  Wandered  off when people said,  “He is smart.”   Wasn’t interested.  Had other things to do.  Now I write blogs.  Took me a long time to realize, it is okay to aspire to a higher authority, but in the long run, you might not find one, nor what you are looking for.  Had a talking horse for a friend once.  Mr. Ed.  He was taller and bigger and higher up than I was.  Looked up to Mr. Ed.  He was my friend.     Was my higher authority.  One of many.



Am an adult now.  Look down on things, and turn my nose up into the air, as if this will guide me to where I am going next.  Pretend.  Don’t complain.  Learned a long time ago,  if you don’t have a family, create one.  Re-invent and Displace the things that aren’t working for you.  Say it once and mean it.  “Not a good idea.  Now go away.”   Is how I do it.  Have done this more than once.  Replace doubt with utterance.  Say it like you mean it.  Higher Authority Tone.  Then hang up.  Walk away.  Distance yourself from those things that aren’t working for you.  

 

Present Moment Existence.  Example is Weekend Lite.  Give somebody the keys and suggest they go shopping.  Works most of the time.  Is America and weekend and most people don’t work on weekends.  So that’s the answer.  “Drive away.  Will be happy to see you when you come back.”   But of course, when that happens, he is on Sunday.   Another day and another situation in present moment movement.  “ Watching football.  Talk soon.  Just not now.”      “Text-me if you need something.  Now go away.”


Higher Authority 101.  What to do if you are not happy and in a relationship you are not in love with?  Reinvent yourself.  Change.  Seek a higher authority if you need to.  Like I said before, “It is not me.  But you can give it a shot.  I’m smart but not that smart.  Trust me.  This is true.”



Amuses me.  All those things we do in life.  Exercise daily, body and mind.  Keep a journal, perhaps a blog.  Do things and hope that in the long run this satisfies.  If not, try something else.  Never perfect, but is the way it is for me.  Perhaps, it is different for you.  Would be nice.  Would please me if you have found the perfect world or situation for yourself.  Hasn’t been that way for me.  I am blue collar.  Trial and Error kind of guy.  Like buying a car I don’t need.  Parked it in the nursing home parking lot.  Give the keys to whoever requests them.  Reassure myself.  “I am insured. Even so, drive carefully.  Pick where you are going and arrive there safe and unharmed.”  Over the years this has worked for me.  Seeking a Higher Authority amuses me.  But mostly,  I have taken care of me.  One way or another.  Later I will aspire to a higher authority, but for now.  “I am good. “  Space is empty.  Everybody is out shopping.  Weekend Lite.  Am writing a blog.  Peace and Quiet.  Love this state and state of mind.  In the present moment.  “Don’t bother to TWEET.”


No comments:

Post a Comment