Wednesday, October 10, 2012

RED ROBE


THE RED ROBE






Our theme for today is Red Robe.  Something we can put on and wear, and feel good about in the morning.  And morning appearance can be an issue, especially now in this modern age, where many tasks of the routine are scheduled by your computer, including the lights and building heat and the coffee pot.  So the lights come on, its morning and it doesn’t matter that you might be retired like me, it’s a matter of keeping up appearances, doing the routine and feeling good, even when caught on camera. 
LEAVE YOUR WOLF OUTSIDE MY DOOR
leave your wolf outside my door and then come and sit a while  

And this happens a lot.  Gear up.  Out to the front room, computers on and warmed up and in the corner an alert button is blinking.  Notification that you are not the first one up.  Around the world are friends and family, checking in and just being part of your daily routine.  Feeling good about the morning and starting and living through another day.  Part of the theme and my routine, to do certain things.  A Life in Morning.
 
For a while I have gone silent.  No Blogs.  Based on forced change and the small amount of change I had in my pocket, was a matter of resources and what was important in my day and routine and life.  Taught me a good lesson, which I will repeat here and now.  And that would be:  Change is Constant.  Friends come and go.  And most of all I learned:  I can live without my computer, but not without my computer-friends.  

 
And true to form this report includes the finding that blogging is a unique form of correspondence.  Not social networking.  And is not as popular for a society faced with time-based-decision-making and running short on gas and other resources, and so many spend their time on Face-Book and places similar.  The Blog Space might not be for you, and so we lose our connection.  Perhaps. Or on any given day, he appears.  And this is living proof that Blogging is part of my routine.  I write.  I post.  I am friendly. 


Seeing is evidence that he is back.  Daily or more than once a year, his blogs appear.  Makes me laugh.  I comment.  “Having a good time, are you?”  One thing leads to another.  Was talking to a friend on the computer just the other day.  The Subject came up.  Red Robe.  Talking about how we had been friends on the internet for a few years and it was missed when I stopped blogging.  Change of mind and habit and location.  Made an effort to keep in touch.  Is what friends do. 

But then I had to remind myself of how many had come and are now not to be found. “Internet Disappearing Act.”, is what I call it.  And we get use to it.   The services that once were free, need funding.  Cluttered with advertising and pop-ups, we just stop coming around.  Real Life and walk-to family and friends and neighbors and work demand our allegiance   True for me, so I project that this is true for others.  We make choices.  Blog.  No Blog.  Red Robe.  And appearance is important.  Be attractive.  Be friendly.  Just Be.

So that is what I was talking about with my friend just the other day.  Another year and still connected.  Calls for a celebration or some ritual to show this is a happy occasion.  And it was said.  “Christmas is coming.”  And this was not to imply I needed to send a present, nor money.  Was more like, “Well friend, maybe I should put my Red Robe on.  And then come online and visit.”  Christmas and Holidays and Celebration.  Has been a long time.  We are friends.


It was suggested just yesterday.  A Fresh Start.  No History.  But then here I am.  Suggesting I have a history with some one I met on the internet.  That we would dare to wear our Red Robe, and  plan a visit during the holidays.  A visual session and fun and chatter.  What people do when they are being holiday social. 

 

And I had to laugh.  “No History.” I said.  But now I am connecting with another.  Suggesting a chain of events and telling a story.  Having fun.  And why not.  The Theme is Red Robe.  And yes, appearance is important.  How you appear to me is part of the ritual that occurs.  When I appear.  I write.  I post.  I talk to you.  Why.  Because we are friends.  And I like it.  This blogger-connection.  Hence.  I am back.  Suggesting an adventure.  And a Red Robe, left to your imagination.  I say.  “Have a good day.  Missed you.”

 

No comments:

Post a Comment