Thursday, December 13, 2012

RENEWED INSISTENCE

RENEWED INSISTENCE



I have decided the power of words is my best call to action.  Fingers dance on keyboard.  Holiday and we light candles and give thanks for oil and a place to find sanctuary.  Simple actions and thought give birth to flares in the darkness, and illumination in the moment, when walls close in and cast shadow all around.  And so it is I welcome the holidays and the decorations in windows, making hope and promise come alive.  








Gifts of the Season.  Renewed Insistence that we are making the best of it, without spending money we don’t have, and running up the credit cards.  It is a process.   Giving and Receiving.   Love.


The month of December speeds along.  Renewed insistence that this is the way it should be.  Tradition.  Change nothing or very little in how we decorate and celebrate and give praise to it all.  And then suddenly.  Last Call.  Time to empty your glasses and go home.  Lights Out at 2 a.m.  Deals are to be had, but the window of opportunity shrinks and sends a ripple into the consumer ranks.  Extra-ordinarily capable of spending another dollar, we don’t.    Carry on. 
We still have time.  


Presents in the closet.  Tree standing near the fireplace.  Holiday Cards in the mail.  And with that I have the confidence to just sit in my easy chair, no issues for the rest of the year.  Goodwill Extended.  I am proud to be here where you can find me.  Rest.  Talk.  Be grateful for your friendship and your presence.  Is how it is for me.  Holidays and December 2012.  Devoted to you.  And universal peace and love.


Rooted in the belief that this is proper, am still in an imperfect world, seeking love and understanding.  And a little more time with you.  Holidays and Happiness is all I seek.  December and its clear, only so many shopping days are left.  And this provokes a showdown.  Between just one more stocking stuffer or just a walk, hand in hand along the river bank, suggesting we are good to go.  No more fussing.  Make time for fun.
Its up to you how this is to be done.
Makes me light up to think of all the ways,
Fun happens.  


Renewed Insistence to hold the line on spending.  No more standing in line to get a bargain.  Black Friday Silly and I am over it.  No more presents, just love.  And that’s it.  Starving and broke, but full of love.  That’s it. Yikes.   Christmas and Holidays  2012.  Last Call.  Now go home.  I will see you tomorrow.  Cheers.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Seedrum. Good to share my holiday with you. The short retired days provide enough time to do a bit of everthing. Gale and wet outside for me to gather wood but lots of bulbs shooting and the ferns also seem very green.

    ReplyDelete