Monday, March 25, 2013

EVENT REHEARSAL



EVENT REHEARSAL


Was thinking about the good and bad; the wear and tear of life.  Flashback and the image was there.  Scarborough Fair.  Songs often bring back the memory of an event that happened and left a lasting impression on me.  But this is not a blog about improvisation and what you do next, as a way of forgetting or even moving ahead.  Character development and how does it help me to go back, and review the events of the scars I wear.  Not being specific, has an element of guerrilla theater in it.  Customs and history of a time, best forgotten.  That is the main thought that inspires this blog.  Old scars.  When you ask, “How did you get this one?”, is it better to say, “I have forgotten.  I don’t recall.”  And schedule an appointment for cosmetic surgery.  Hoping its over, and will not be mentioned again.  And that is the thought  behind this blog, event rehearsals.  Is about being comfortable to move ahead, without reminder of the scars we carry.


Not sure we get through this life unblemished.  Not sure we get through this life all alone.  Songs are a trigger sometimes.  You hear just a portion of an old song, and it is as if you are there.  In the yesterday.  This fragment of the Papa Roach lyrics, from their song:  Scars is with me today.

“…….I tear my heart open, I sew myself shut
My weakness is that I care too much
My scars remind me that the past is real
I tear my heart open just to feel. …….”



Event Rehearsal and have not decided if we do this over and over, because it will never be perfect, or if its just the perfectionist’s touch that drives us forward, experiencing wear and tear and a certain amount of damage, trying to be the best that is possible.  Wear and Tear.  Proper maintenance and care.  And yet, it is a question I seem to ask.  “Scarborough Fair.  What’s that about?”  Roughly speaking I just want to know, what’s happening to me.  You left a mark on me.  Is this something to be measured and weighted and amplified.  Event Rehearsal.  Over and Over.  It comes to mind.  And now what?  Will keep this blog short, because if the truth be told, I am not sure why I am allowing this to be entered to print.



Accept the duality of it all.  Life and Death and scar tissue.  See it as it is.  The mark you left on me.  Between the shadow of tragedy and the light of joy, let’s make it clear.  I find beauty in my scars.  Emotional triggers point to broken bones and broken hearts.  And yet, given a choice would I have it any other way, but to show the mark you left on me?  The answer is clear.  Inner strength and true depiction of all that you mean to me, is most compelling.  Let it show.  Find beauty in my scars.  The scars of time.  On stage.  Event Rehearsal.  Over and Over.  The mark you left on me, plays on.  Scarborough Fair.  Life and Music.  Plays on.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I feel inside a cacoon. My mind is muzzy. I'd hide in that little lighthouse. The big world is too much. Your words remind me of poet Silvia Path who I love.

    ReplyDelete