Wednesday, March 27, 2013

SPRING ROSE






SPRING ROSE





I am trying to do the right thing here.  But global and warming and social up-bringing are make it almost impossible.  Spring rose.  Could blame it on the lay of the land and of course my current state of mind, or more so, blame it on the drain.  Its all backing up, and the amount of water at my feet is alarming.  Using my pipes, and shouting, “Help.  Help.”  But there is no 911, nor people where I happen to be just now.  I am on my own.   Spring and it might be the miracle air that keeps me going, when it has been a long winter, and the social chill has been obvious.  He doesn’t answer my email.  I write.  I do all the things I’ve always done, but for some reason, Easter is almost here, and soon it will be April and baseball and Those Damn Yankees.  Seems when nothing else works, I work on the idea that he is a man, and yep, we talk sports. 




But as of this moment, I have just not been available.  Local setting and they turned the clocks ahead, and when they do that, I blame all my short-comings on the notion that when you mess with my biological clock, I become light-headed and a bit of a ding dong.  Having said all that, I want to reassure I am trying to do the right thing here.  I will answer your emails when the water recedes and the electricity comes back on, and I am not standing in a foot of water.  Computer woes.  Mental difficulty.  And Spring rose.



I need to get some fresh air.  Go out in the garden and prune the roses.  Test the soil and check the damage.  What happens when you don’t answer your mail, drop off the planet in winter, and create a communication barrier with your internet friends.  Have I reached my lowest point.  Is the chill and difficulty of winter over?  Is the depression over.  Can I rise up and find higher ground, plug myself in, once more, and keep a city schedule and yes, can I please my boss? 




And that might be the line I cross, on the way to Spring Training and professional baseball in the warmth of summer.  Be natural.  Be a man.  Face the issues that come with having internet friends.  Deal with it.  Modern and Face-book savvy.  Too popular for his own good, and now its time for the good news.  Spring Rose.  Your beauty is magnificent.  Your spirit, generous.  And when it happens that he doesn’t answer his emails, just know.  Its not you.  Nothing personal and specific. 
Local conditions determine his existence. 



Global presence.  Every body has a computer now, and internet connection.  Be friendly. 
 Answer your email.  And include a Spring rose.



The ground is wet.  Winter is almost over.  Snow melts and the garden is muddy.  I want to make things orderly and better.  Not sure where to start.  I pretend that I am busy.  Too busy for baseball.  But you know that isn’t true.  Man likes his sports.  Wears his love out where you can see it.  Yankee pinstripes.  Puddles and mud on the in-field.  Land slides and a general mess could be the source of the problem.  But that’s not it.  Mostly its about the local situation. Getting older now. 



Not that it makes him less friendly, but you can see it in his eyes.  His love of blogging and connecting with strangers is taking a backseat to the birds and the garden in his backyard.  Spring and a sense of gratitude.   Seeing another season ushered in.  And simply stated, that’s it.  Local conditions.  Global warming.  Too much water in the creek.  Now its in his yard.  And he thinks of you.


 Spring Rose.  A perennial beauty and source of much pleasure.  On the way to the big game.  Yankees coming to town.  April.  Expect to be there.  Having fun.  And when that happens, perhaps you can forgive me and at the same time, not say, “He’s busy.  I can wait.”  Truth is: It is rude to not answer your friends email.  And even worse, he blames it on global warming, when we all know.  He’s sniffing glue. Making a lattice for the rose garden.
Maybe. 



I am trying to do the right thing here.    Your land is my land.  One is global and in another country, while I am at the local level and making excuses.  In the end we need to work a little harder.  Make nice.  Improve on what we have.  Stop throwing our garbage in the creek.  Water and its about a foot up my leg, just now.  Spring rose.  Incredible flooding problem here.  And if you believe what I am saying, its because of global warming and all the things we do.  And on top of that, answer your email.  Last chance.  Baseball season begins.  Never too busy for all that.  He’s a man.


1 comment:

  1. Good to hear you again. I'm away from my island visiting relatives. They have all done so much and are in touch with so many. I have been a recluse and thats my comfort zone. Im out of my depth. It's such a sea of people activity. I will get back to my island. Escape into a novel.......

    ReplyDelete