Friday, March 1, 2013

PLASTIC BAGS




PLASTIC BAGS


Lately, I am only writing one blog a week, and feel compelled to write something that others understand.  Having said that, I utter with sheer amazement the phrase, “Long Live The Queen.”  Brings to mind my need for tradition and institutions that keep rapid change and decay of all the things I rest my values on, at a level I can tolerate.  Tis brought on by my fascination with plastic and how it has changed everything for me.  Identity Theft and using plastic cards to run my world, pay my bills and dominate the moment if perhaps I lose My purse or holder of the plastic.  And that brings me to my blog for today.  Plastic Bags.


Introducing some personal information into this blog, I mention one of the many rules I live by, starting with:  Rule @007:  Rule is to be shaken, but not stirred.  It goes like this:  “If what you are doing isn’t working, try something else.”  And now that wisdom is starting to migrate.  Not an environmentalist in the official sense, but can say, “When the neighbor’s dog leaves waste in my yard, I politely ask the owner to clean it up.”  And that brings me to a common sense accounting for Plastic Bags.  Seems where I live, they have imposed a ban on Plastic Bags in most retail establishments.  Requires the consumer to pay 5 cents on each transaction to buy a paper bag, or 99 cents on each transaction to buy a cloth reusable bag when you are empty-handed and have too many items to carry.  No longer in this town do they ask, “Paper or Plastic.”



Not sure I have an issue with the bag issue.  Like I said, “If it becomes a problem, change the way  you do things in your daily routine.”  Reusable Bags.  Today am reading about how the store owners are saying, “…..plastic bag ban causes more shoplifting.”   Reading the small print I learn:  business owners are struggling because of a significant increase in theft.  Reusable bags and now more shoplifting.  Stop using plastic and does this mean we eliminate identity theft, and everybody is happy. 




Not sure.  What started out as a blog about Plastic Bags, becomes a lingering thought I can’t seem to get rid of.  “Who needs plastic?”  And that is where I will stop with this blog for today.  Topic Creep.  From Plastic Bags to everything else, and yes.  I want no confusion.   Want peace and understanding.  I hate it when they say, “ I don’t get it. What were we talking about?”  And that makes perfect sense to me.  If what you are doing isn’t working, try something else.  And in Our Town, its not plastic bags in the garbage dump.  Been there.  Done that. 




Now its plan B.   



A  Ban On Plastic Bags at the consumer store.  Across the aisle, they say, “No Plastic.”





1 comment:

  1. I just loved all that. Plastic bag phobia has spread over the world. As you hinted in a photo the bottles are worse. If I walk near a beach here the ground is littered with coloured plastic. I can't help but look at it. I used to reuse my bags to pick veg from garden and for freezing. Most annoying was when I went to the loft to find my bags of stored items had turned to dust.
    I love your plastic girl on the beach. I love my credit card.
    Change I find difficult. Just take literature. I'm now deeply into Sylvia Plath but I loose my way with contemporary work. Domestic affairs confuse me. I want ..........? To be alone in the mountains, the forests, but they are of the imagination.

    "I dreamed that you bewitched me into bed
    And sung me moon-struck, kissed me quite insane.
    (I think I made you up inside my head.)"

    That's by Sylvia Plath. I am led to believe in the impossibility of practical love because the beloved is inside my head. The mountains and the mountain girls are fantasy.

    ReplyDelete