Friday, September 19, 2014

FILL IN THE BLANKS



FILL IN THE BLANKS



 
Am sitting by myself listening to a baseball game.  Not something I often do on a Friday night.  But am not interested in watching sports on the Big Screen.  Am going to a football game on Sunday, and will be out in the open in a crowd of people, enjoying the game.  So listening is my option for this night.  And the only reason I am doing this, is because its been an odd day for me.  Anti-climatic or just spent a week watching the headlines for indications of major change. 



Seems there was a vote on Thursday that was about The United Kingdom, and it turns out the democratic process went on without a problem, and one side lost, and the other side went home, happy.  A lot like going to a football game on Sunday, but different.  My goal is to de-stimulate now, without involving coffee or alcohol or drugs.  And doing this by filling in the blanks.  Going over things as I understand them, and making sense of it all. 




This is how I usually run my personal operation.  Reason it out.  Figure it out.  Life is not a game.  So fill in the blanks, have a sense of knowing what you have just been involved in, and survive.



 

I smile.  It has been a long time now since I have worn my Bat Man Suit.  Hero epic has receded in my everyday life.  Seems like I am logged into a computer, more often than not and living vicariously, and out of the action mode, hero doll style that has followed me around like a hungry dog or pet, in my younger years.  Not saying I have stopped providing for myself or my crew, but more and more, it has become every person for themselves. 



 
And this is because we have progress and process, and equality.  Equality in the workplace, and on the surface it seems this is true.  Everybody, world wide competes.  Those who have the jobs, have the means to go beyond where I am.  Not that where I am, really will affect you, but men in suits vs.  Women in work apparel, stopping off to vote.  And now all of that is over.  And I am happy.  Was not in my locality, nor in my jurisdiction.  Just watching, because I could.  Had interest, but in a minor way.  I like it when people organize and vote and then accept the majority rule of the people.



 
Should I be concerned?  Does it matter if my team loses its game on Sunday.  Over the years I have observed and learned to adjust, no matter what happens.  So being concerned might be about letting my emotions take over, and going away from my daily practices.  Get carried away by the voice and energy of others.  Certainly this is what happens, when I go to a Seattle Seahawks game.  Will do that on Sunday.  8 home games in a season that count.  I ignore preseason.  That part of things is a hoax or con.  So 8 games and have been to the first game, on September 4.  Seattle plays well.  Wins.  Sends the Green Packers home with a loss.  They then go to San Diego for their second game, and they lose. 



 
So I am expecting a win on Sunday.  Home team wins most of the time.  This is the pattern I am seeing for The Seattle Team, and some others.  Not all teams win just because they are playing at their home stadium.  But Seattle is not a big town.  Is isolated.  So having almost 70,000 people in the stadium, drinking and having a little fun, causes enough energy to inspire the home team to play their best.  Is about emotions and the spontaneous drive to thrive in the present moment.  Should I be concerned?  If the home team loses, and people empty out of the stadium quiet and subdued. 



 

Over the years I have grown accustomed to the Seattle team losing as many games as they win.  And over the years, it made no difference if they were at home.  They would lose.  And the people got use to this.  Now, as Super Bowl and world football champions for the year 2013, the expectations are that we will never lose.  That we will always be champions and the best of the best.  Think this might just be emotions taking over. 




For me, I fill in the blanks, and act with more reason than emotion.  I calculate the moment, and walk away.  Mostly unconcerned with the outcome.  When younger it was as if I never played a game on the field, without rehearsing it in history and in my mind a 100 times or more.  Visualizing victory in all things that I would do.  This was the way it was for a young Stoney Blogger Guy.  Fill in the Blanks. 



Reason out and project the outcome that was satisfactory for me, in the moment that I was involved.  Involved in sports.  Involved at work.  Involved with others.  It all happened when I came out of the think tank, wearing my Bat Man Suit.  Inspired to win.





No comments:

Post a Comment