Thursday, October 9, 2014

LASSITUDE of the AGES



Lassitude of the Ages 


 

I have to begin with the idea that we know what we are doing.  Like the choice of words to express our current state of mind.  Mind your manner, and have respect for the thing that have made you who you are today, and the things that have lead to longer life and the safety of your loved ones.  And so it is, I have to check what the true meaning of the word is that has attached itself to me on this day. 

Lassitude.


 

And have spent a week of solitude and silence, reaching out but only as the plant roots plow the underground, hoping for a stronger base and foundation.  Having said all that, I am writing, and have a strong sense that blogs happen and the world is a better place.  Can’t exactly validate this thinking, except that over time the human mind and spirit has found its place among the creations of betterment, mainly the database of health and safety, defeating the plague of botox and ebola and disease, of the body and of the mind.  Again having said all that, let me continue as if I have something to sketch out here, using words and thoughts that are more than temporary madness in a turned-sideways-world, one of our own making, perhaps. 

 


lassitude

LAS'SITUDE, n. [L. lassitudo, from lassus, and this from laxus, laxo, to relax.]

    1. Weakness; dullness; heaviness; weariness; languor of body or mind, proceeding from exhaustion of strength by excessive labor or action, or other means.

    2. Among physicians, lassitude is a morbid sensation or languor which often precedes disease, in which case it proceeds from an impaired or diseased action of the organs. 



 
Found this explanation on the internet.  Paste and Copy and have not involved myself with giving credit where credit is due.  Am acting this way, because I take it as my inheritance not to get bogged down in scholarly mannerisms that become so clogged with footnotes, that the message becomes the ways of chaos and  confusion in an ordinary mind.  So here we are.  Just last week I wrote a blog titled:  Tired and Weak. 



 
And the blog had noting to do with my daily state of affairs.  Rather, I was knee deep into the idea of making known, a general condition and practice that preys on the mind of the weak and tired. A blog about tired stereotypes and weak generalizations was written.  How successful it was to tap the inner resources of a quiet internment of inherited thoughts, I can only imagine .   Those things, success or failure are in the hands and minds of others.  And so it is, I continue on.  As if I know what I am saying and doing.



 
So I write blogs, but must say:  "The habit of writing cannot conceive the exhaustion, the efforts, and the dejection of mind and body that comes with the continual and ever-present sense of loss, when a loved one dies.  Saying this, because it is a condition that happens over time.  The heaviness of loss, begins to eat on you.  And organs deteriorate as we smoke and drug and dance away the night, in a dim lit room.  But nothing happens overnight.  Happens over a life time of love and loss.  Happens as the moon rises over Manhattan, and the masses occupy the streets on their way to daily commerce.  And here I go again, being obscure and blocked in expression and thinking.  Not sure I can use Shakespeare and the breakdown of human behavior to explain myself.  Mostly I just know, I have a history with all of this.  Not here, as a stand alone figure.  Not able to just blurt out things, and think this must be true.  Am part of the ancient mystery of the white wolf and White Dog, and over time have become an elder.  Tell stories and add to the confusion that breaks down cells and the holding power of muscle and blood in capillary form.   




Am here to suggest, we can fix the problem and do better, only if we take the time to figure out what’s wrong and how this is affecting us.  You and I.  Perhaps society.  Takes a certain amount of concentration to know for sure where this is all leading to. 



Has something to do with the invasion of disease from other places, made possible by airplanes and fast flight.  Now they are screening for Ebola at the airport.  People are dying in Texas and well perhaps all over the place.  For now, we just cause general alarm by saying the word:  Ebola.  But of course, there is more to all of this than meets the eye.  We have been through this before.  Lost a son or daughter to polio or tuberculosis or a new strain of attackers in the blood stream.  Sound the alarm.  Its happening again.  Injustice against humanity.  Losing somebody or thing we dearly loved.  Programmed to care and reach out, using the expression of sadness and sorrow to make certain, you will be missed. 



It is with me.  Conflict.  Ignorance.  Confusion.   And all I can think to do, is move away.  Let my feet say, what my heart has restricted and can just not let out.  A constant pain and it is distressing me.  Not seeking early death, as I am already long into life, and have learned by doing that together we must find a way, to protect each other and to protect the best of our accomplishments, over time. " Do it for the children."   Do it because we can.  Find a way.  Find a remedy for what ails us.  Look closely at the base roots of our current disenchantment. 


 

Sing a song of freedom and release ourselves from the debilitating re-occurrence of actions and activity that make us less than we ever have to be.  Live on.  Live in the moment and find a way, to survive and be strong.  Even when it seems, this is the impossible in you, and can not happen with the help from others.


 

Navigate the hardship and steer clear of the doomsday approach.  It is known and we manage, that we are living under the strain of great expectation.  We have been successful.  We have won, when others have not.  And so there is the weight of the Super Power that compels us to try, harder and harder, until we try no more.  Weak and Tired.  Generalizations and over use of buzz words.  Can’t really put my finger on what is going on today.  Invasion of the bees.  4 people die from a massive attack, and nature’s swarm.  Along side all of this, comes Ebola and I tell myself I suffer from a condition.  Perhaps its just the state of mind I find myself in.  Lost a loved one.  Take to the road.  Try to put distance between yesterday and tomorrow. 



But the truth is, I need to relax.  It will all  work out.  Being tired and/or weary happens.  We can off set it by watching TV, Sports and Weather will remove the cloud from within and overhead.  A Clear Blue Sky.  We can overcome all of this gloom and doom.  Sure we have to let it all play out.  Last of the Baseball and now down to just 4 teams.  The best of the best.  And in the realm of football, if I were in town I would be going to the big game on Sunday next. 

 


But I won’t be there.  Perhaps in spirit and as a couch potato, I will find a place to observe  Seattle and Dallas, playing NFL football.  But he truth is, if I miss it, I will still be okay.  Out and about.  Trying to out run the history of sorrow and loss.  Working my way to freedom, one mile at a time.  Won’t let scandal or murder or the invasion of bees and virus spoil my day.  Ground speaks and I am on my way.  Won’t look back. 



 
At least not today.  Is time to avoid the darkness of self-made-tragedy.  Time to move towards the mountains and take the up-hill climb.   Time to purge and swerve into the proper lane and path that sets me free and capable of self-cleansing and healing.  So if you plan to watch the game on TV and find me in my regular seat.  I won’t be there.  Has nothing to do with the Age of Lassitude.  Comes down to something quite simple really.  Have found myself in a self-constructed Maze, and now it is my mandate to find a way out. 



And I am impressed by the power of the human spirit.  We will find a way.  And celebrate the best of love and life, as it happens.  Nothing complicated, if we set our mind to it.  And that’s my blog for today.  Enjoy.    





2 comments:

  1. Celebrating in Kyoto. Slept in mountain last night. The grasshoppers were noisy just after the sun set. Now it is young people drinking and flirting in hostel who are chirping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was early when I arrived at a beautiful garden. Then I was called back up the forested mountain gorge by the sounds of a couch. It was a girl playing with her partner higher up the mountain.

    ReplyDelete