Thursday, October 30, 2014

Fall Back




FALL BACK  




 


I have decided to give up the idea of right or wrong, suspend the way I have been, and turn at the next green light, and which way I go will be dependent on GPS that guides me and takes over all my cognitive functions.  "Go with the flow."  And see where you end up.  Giving up right or wrong, for the more prudent and pragmatic: "The best way to go is by my side, and if I am having problem decide, let the computer provide the information I am missing, and make your decision making more or less auto-pilot.  Ingenious.  Seek the pain-free way of dealing with change, and on this week’s schedule is Day Light Savings manipulation of the clocks.  Light and Change and Travel. 




 
Basics come with pulling into the Way Station and taking a time-out.  Watch a little football and take a long bath, getting the road dust off, and take in a free breakfast or two, if that is the type of place you frequent.  Out and about, and immersed in trouble-free living.  And I ask myself, "Why didn’t I think of this earlier in life, why did I wait until now?"  The answer is simple.  Read all about if you have time.  If not, glance at the pictures and move on.  One picture equals a 1000 words.  A common thought I picked up on the way to the golden age of leisure-time consumption and passage.



Wanted to write a blog before it was too late.  Have a sick computer and have found out by reading, How-Stuff-Works:  that it is never too late to smarten up and gear up for the impending doom and gloom that follows in the wake of diminishing light, and that man-made-devise we call Day Light Savings Time.  Adjust your body and the clock to take away or give back an hour.  This will happen this week, and I have decided to let the computer do all this for me.  Put my watch in the drawer.  Will not care for the rest of the week, what time it is.  When I get tired I will take a nap.  Otherwise I will use my computer to tell me what is open in the local I find myself.  Will navigate the Best Way Travel Plan. 


 

And if I miss the Sunday football game, it will be okay, as I am out and about, and will be seen not from the stadium, but from a sports bar big screen somewhere in America.  So its not like it has been in the past, where I forget to turn back the clock the night before, and wander off to the stadium on Sunday, to notice there are no people on the street or at the entrance gate.  Way too early, and everybody is sleeping in.  That’s what happens when you Fall Back and gain an hour in your day.  Fall Back.  How to deal with Mr. Grumpy, and road rage and the fallout of diminishing light, is the bases of my blog for today. 


 

And for me, messing with the clock is an ordeal.  My body mechanics become messed up for a week or so, I am grumpy and yes, it takes a while to get it right, Do Things The Best Way, and mostly just shut up and listen to the music and my travel companion, as we breeze on through another town and area, not on our radar, and then it is.  The Best Way and no more right or wrong, just a lot of Mr. Grumpy and people messing with the clock.  And Bettsie-The-Cow says, "Wake up.  I need milking."


 

Am treating the rest of the week as if it is a game show.  Contestants and Host.  Road Rage and blinding headlights when they fail to reset the dims when approaching.  "Ok folks, ready to play the game?"  this is my new approach.  Expecting a serendipitous outpouring of events that has very little to do with my heat and temperature and general downer-mood that comes when higher powers mess with my body clock and the public features of time.  The best way to lean is to be immersed in it.  Let it happen and adjust or just sleep it off.  Fall Back means we gain another hour and can stay in bed.  Real Simple.    Won’t fight it.  Each year for so many I can’t remember, I would fight it all.  The boss.  The government bureaucrat.  And the dogs and cows that want attention.  No staying in bed for the animals and the night-owls.  The best way to survive all this, is to ignore it if you can. 



Realize time travel and living at the speed of light, can make you dizzy and a little off-balance.  But then come back to earth, take a few days off.  Be magically creative and use the wise words of your traveling companion to live and learn, and get over what ever it is that ails you.  Forget about the assassination of the unnamed.  Forget about the indignities you might have felt if paying attention.  Move on and sidestep the downside of time change.  Don’t make a big deal out of nothing.  Blood sugar is low.  Get something to eat.  Best Way Theory suggests the big bang doesn’t have to happen in this current time frame.  Pull over.  Get off the road.  Get the cot and the fishing pole out.  Take advantage of your leisure time status.  Do Day Light Saving a little different this year.  Chill.  



And there you have it.  I’m booked for a few days in a road station.  Let others fight each other and the traffic.  Not confusing this time around.  Pulling into the driveway as we speak.  Can’t wait for a bath and some amenities.  Might be that I am carrying on, and it has nothing to do with you.  For that, I say:  "Best Way.  Do what is good for you." 


 

Its just a blog and he is getting all this off his chest and mind.  Sight unseen and he is happy now.  Companion said it best, "Just stop.  I am tired of your complaining."  Time Change and the football game.  That was yesterday.  Prepare your mind and move on.  That’s what we are doing now.  Into the Way Station for a few days of dancing in the park and a few hours in the Sports Bar on Sunday.  And that’s it.   Go figure.  Fall Back and lose an hour.  Who cares.  Not me.   Not Mr. Grumpy.



1 comment: