Friday, November 7, 2014

BARKING DOG




BARKING DOGS


As usual I am doing too many things at the same time.  But as you know, or maybe don’t, is how I roll.  Came across that expression a while back.  “How you roll.”   And then they tell you
something and that is supposed to explain it all.  For the old ones like me, there is plausibility and then there is denial.  At opposite ends of the spectrum, I find myself in the middle.  At this point it is not a big deal and I am avoiding trauma and drama and what comes first, I am pledged to handle it. 

 


But we all know, there are those days when our energy shield is down, and the star wars people invade and after that there is Darth Vedar and the how-we-roll-people, and it all goes down hill from there.  That is me speaking.  We all seem to have our individuality and individual take on things.  It is how we roll.  For now, that is the story line, but am subject to change.  Depends on the day or week we are having, weather and mood changes.  After you, there comes the barking dogs, fighting over the wise owl watering can. 

 


Disturbance and distractions and from that point on, it’s like salmon in a poisoned stream, it takes a lot of years to write a report and get official approval for your version of things.  In the meantime, I have become distracted by the barking dog.  So it’s’ taking over my senses and state of mind, and this blog.  Let’s continue on.



It has taken a while to get my house in order.  Had a computer crash at the beginning of the week, and had to undergo a process to make things right.  Seems I am doing that, and felt the need to blog.  Miss what you don’t have, and when computers are not in functioning status, you notice that all the more.  Regular routine and the things we do, when centered around our computer and our link to the outside, it becomes more important that perhaps it should be.  So it was asking for help and paying attention when others get involved.  I was aware my computer was about to crash, as it did mini-acts of shut-down mania as the week progressed.  Would just go kiss-of-death screen, and leave me wondering what to do. 

 


Mostly, I would ask my traveling  companion if there were any computer stores around where we could resolve things and get back to the way it was.  Advice asked, and now I must practice attending to the other, even its not the way I would have it.  Turns out the advice was, “Give it a rest. Let’s stop for coffee and a walk-about.”  And that’s what happen.  Barking Dog.  Wise Owl.  Am still sorting it out, which is which.

 


Seems somebody had left their dog in the car when they got out, and stepped away.  As was the same thing I was doing, travel companion, steps away.  Dog in the car in the parking area, just barked at me.  Wasn’t sure if I should respond by saying, “Nice Doggie.  Master will be coming right back.  Chill.”  Or if I should be the wise owl and act like I had it all figured out.  Computer Crash.  Out in the middle of nowhere.  What’s a guy supposed to do?  And it seems caffeine is the answer.  Or at least it was for me.  But that’s how I roll.  On a good day.

 


“ Give it a rest.”  And for a while, is what happened.  Then got back in, the how-we-roll machine, and found a place where I could inquire about my computer.  For $40 they offered to do a diagnostic test and then give me a quote for repair.  At the same time, young person had a script to follow, and at that point I decided to further different options.  Like leave the store, roll some more, and see what plan B might be.  In the end, a cheap computer came to me.  Stolen or just yard sale old, I checked it out, and paid out less than $40 for a laptop that does what I need it to do.  WiFi and word processing and Blog machine.  For now that is all I need. 

 


So give it a rest and more caffeine and a few more miles down that road, makes my day more settled.  Writing a blog and that’s what I wanted to do.  Ignore or move away from the barking dog.  Be the wise owl, I am.   Smile at the “Give it a rest.” – person.  And call it a day.  Miles away from yesterday, and the results are sufficient to give me peace of mind.  A good way to roll, away from the difficulties and the barking dog.  Wise Owl and it pleases me, I could finish this blog without more calamity and disturbance.  Distance myself and get on with it.  And that’s it.  My blog for today.  All done.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment