Saturday, October 31, 2015

Nine Inches Deep





Nine Inches Deep





Every day and the day after reflects what I am.  True only if there is a lasting record of The I - Am.

Gets me to thinking what is missing, is more than just one hour. 

 " May I have an hour of your time."  

He said.

"Certainly Not."  

Was the reply.

And now its up to me to come up with something to explain this, only because I have the space and one more picture to share with you. 

Have decided the connection can be measured, but not by me.  

Will leave it up to you.  Missing  You.

Missing an hour in just one day.

Is this serious?  






 This is one of those days and weekend periods, where I have burned up my options in watts and decibels, and not to say that my world has become Dark Comedy, or dim and shadowed by the facts, namely that this is when in America where I live, the clocks are turned back by only one hour, and its just something we learn to live with, light and depth and how deep does it go to throw off the circadian rhythm of the body and of the individual and of the planet, and then the universal net results of man-made conventions and devices?   


Not something I have devoted a lifetime of study to, so mere mentioning of The Turn Back or The Turn Off at the side of the road, and beyond that the ditch and the pitch, and this maybe is all I hope to accomplish today.  Choose my words carefully.  Keep a narrow focus and try to not step on anybody’s feet or feelings or sensibilities.  But even then, it is just not my style to think of what I am doing and how I am impacting others.  Jump up on the caster wheeled chair and hope to gain enough stability to reach up and out and tinker with the clock. 

 


Not wanting to reinvent the time piece and might be revealing skeletons in my closet, namely that I still have clocks in my residence and they are not digital and self-correcting.   Modern and it might not matter much any more, what happens to the animals down on Old McDonalds' Farm, when an hour is missing and a robot arm fills the ground or feeding trough with a measured amount of food.  Who has time for that, speculating on the impact of removing an hour from a year filled with so many. 


 

Not a real question, but something contrived to handle the small talk when at the break table at work and somebody asks, “So how did it go?”  And is small talk and non-specific, but is part of the situation to know what others are talking about.  And is what I was thinking about when I asked myself, "....“how should I respond?”  In this case I am still on the topic of messing around, and flicking a switch or turning a nob, but it is different for me this year.  I don’t care.  And for many reasons this could be valid  for me but not for you. 


 

But will I really take up the small space I dedicate to blog sharing, to something others Twitter or Facebook or Media-Share.  Comes with the territory, wondering where you are today, both physically or mentally.  Comes with self-inspection and coming within shouting distance of something I need to know.  How to fill the space of a missing hour and how to find the bridge or bridges that fill the gap, between you and I.  


 

How deep do I need to go, to repair or fix or just neutralize the situation I find myself in.  Not really a question, as I know the answer.  Now I need to relate it to something blogger might be interested in.  Say that, because it is known, we are not all in the same place, nor time zone, nor state of mind.  So what is that universal equalizer so that we are all in the same moment and can relate, to both what is going on and what is being said,  or more to the point what is going on in Stoney Blogger’s head.  




And I repeat.  What is the point of just one missing hour in his day.  And if you want to talk about your wife or children or the new car acquired in that missing hour, then figuring out the importance of his stuff and not yours, might enter the data flow and decision point.   


 

Bouncing back to the title and focusing on all of this before we find, its gone and its over.  No second chance.  How important is it, those things you wanted to tell me, how important is it now?  Importance and serious, he thinks about turning the clock back, a bit too much.  Where you live, they don’t do this.  They leave the light and the mechanism for discernment alone.  This might be ideal.  This might be what he wants.  But we react differently.  We do things differently.  His concerns are not necessarily the center of your universe.  Taking all that into consideration he asks, “How deep do we go?”  And he says before the hour goes missing.  

“Nine Inches Deep.”




No comments:

Post a Comment