Wednesday, May 1, 2013

CLOSE SHAVE





CLOSE SHAVE






Some things seem too good to be true.  Close Shave.  It didn’t happen to you but it could have.  Boston Bombing.  Confinement at Gitmo Bay.  And that is all I have.  Things happen and now I reflect on the possibility that it could be me.  But it wasn’t.  Not this time.  Stopped running 10 years ago.  Didn’t gain weight.  Didn’t start smoking.  But it did take me away from the finish line.  And now I’m back.  Smooth Talker.  How smooth should it be?  The shave.  The dog needs a haircut.  Not shedding, but quite shaggy.  And later on, when I have spare change, I will let a professional do it.  For now, I will grin and bare it, in the sense that  Spring is here.  Outside dog I am, for now.  No flees.  And later I will disinfect.  Clean up and head for prime time, where I will declare.  Close Shave.    


 

I harbor no discontent.  Things happen.  Money and Time and life without the hassles.  That’s what I want.  Many ways to  go about it.  Move out.  Move in.  His or Hers.  So many choices.  Man and Wife.  Man, single.  Woman with many lovers.  Man to Man.  Woman Touch.  And is silly for me to consider what you do with your private life.  But then again, if you come out and air your preferences, and put it all on  Facebook.  Don’t tag me.  



 Got enough trouble just paying the rent or mortgage.  Close shave when surveillance ends up on your street, and everything is seen or repeated in multiple language, around the globe.  And So it is.  Close Shave.  When the world gets small, and you are still in it.  A player.   Or just a photograph somebody took with their camera-phone.  Makes you a frame of reference, and they come calling.  FBI.  Friendly, but…Inquiring.  May we  talk to you?  And I consider it a close shave, when they go away and don’t come back.  It could happen.  Things happen.  I harbor no discontent.  Tis the new society.  Close Shave  


Do I have a preference?  Sure I do.  But why should I state it here?  Dude comes out and declares, “Its all good.”  As for me, extreme close-ups are not my way.  Mood and Indifference and casual shades of gray work fine for me.  Not eclipsed by the moon, or shriveling up in darkness.  Darling of the invisible crowd, I prefer my privacy.  Out in nature exploring my option.  Outback and its something we don’t see all that often.  Walking away from the camera and from you.  Needs time alone.  A happy wander down by the creek.  Doesn’t need the government or city telling him, “Your killing the fish.  Stop or we will fine you.”  Going  West isn’t the final answer, but with back to the sun and constant movement, and less technology, I predict.  Life Simple 




One more day in the city.  Professional services and a close shave.  Now I return to you.  Not exactly a raging beast, and although the fire still burns within, its not as noticeable as when we first fell in love.  Youth has its special ways.  Everything is possible.  But then again.  Close Shave.  Feels and Looks good, from that perspective.  Not able to tell what time does to you, is one of those things you must experience for yourself.  But I can say, “Walk Away.”  Find peace and comfort.  Do more with less.  A man by the ocean is appealing.  Nice when he strips down to bare necessity.  Stands  Tall.  Shows what is there from every angle.  And that’s it.   Decide for yourself.  What makes you happy.  Smooth Talker.  Close Shave.  And anxious anticipation.  Are you satisfied?  Life in the City.  Or with your significant other at water’s edge.  Earth Day.  

 How’s it going? 







1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your different voice. I can't easily answer your questions. We read books together. I have anxieties. 'Walk away' is good advice. And I arrive at an interesting place. I find some of Syvia Plath's poems are gems and they come from a lot of agony. I fancy that book, 'The Indifference of Juliet' and I tend to think the world is like that and somtimes it is and I like it.

    ReplyDelete