Saturday, May 11, 2013

GOOD LOOKS


 

GOOD LOOKS


Some times I am just not prepared for the world I find myself in.  Not that I am shy, but certainly not aggressive.  I operate on solar powered brain waves.  Cosmic revolutions and with the general idea that what is made in one day or a week, is mine to enjoy.  Universal sensations and empowerment, but when she said to me, and I could not locate the voice,  
“Well Mister, did you get a good look?” 




And my brain automatically recorded this message:  “She thinks I am staring at her.”  And all of this is but a reminder to myself, that looks aren’t everything.  But then I would be the first to say, “Don’t call me as  your primary witness.  I am not good at details.”  And again I wonder if I have missed the boat.  I didn’t get a good look when I stepped into the street, wanting to hail a  Taxi and get a ride.  Taxi.  Car.  Boat.  A  Saturday Night Companion.  And again I say.  “Staring.  At you?  Why would I do that?”  And so this brings me to my subject for today.  Good Looks.




Witness Protection.  My first defense is to not stare.  Rely on the surveillance camera.  Observation and Good Looks.  Take it to the Replay Room.  Stay away from that embarrassing moment when she asks, “Did You Get A Good Look.  Now stop.”  And when technology empowers you to find what you are looking for, is there a problem?  Is there a problem of being one with Good Looks.  What does it take?  Careful observation.  Knowing what you are looking for. 




Being Biased.  You see what you expect to see.  Is that it? Leading Witness.  And so I find myself becoming over cautious when I am in public.  Hear a loud noise and I look the other way.  Not sure I am ready for Good Looks.  Haven’t prepared myself for you.  Didn’t know what to say when asked, “Did you get a good look?  Are you staring at me?”  And if I had more confidence, the proper answer would be.

  With your beauty and grace, I think you have bewitched me.  Can’t take my eyes off of you.”





So I am not sure it pays to be honest.  I think you learn to look the other way.  In a crowd.  Alone in the country.  Beauty is all around us.  The power of attraction comes with the stars, natural light and open exposure.  So much light and the glimmer of hope that you will notice me.  Ask for my number.  Call me sometime.  And so I was thinking about that today.  Is Saturday.  What do I really want to do?  Star Power.  Renewable Energy.   Being with you.  All that inspires me.  Not sure if I should stay in, or go out.  What’s my chance of seeing you?




And when I do.  Will she say, “Well, did you get a good look?  Now stop staring.”  On your way, Mister.  Or I will call 911.”  And it takes me a moment to process all this.  That’s not my number. “ Gotta Run.”  And with that I duck out of sight.  Hoping for better times.  In The City.



2 comments:

  1. That was good. Fascinating how you set the scene to interpret the final picture.
    'That's not my number' had me laughing.
    In North Korea, by the way, local people don't look at a foreigner as it might be taken by the authorities that they are potential traitors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you John for this information.

      North Korea. Interesting. How all of this is global.

      Thanks for coming by. Enjoyed the visit.

      And the information received.

      Delete