Tuesday, June 25, 2013

CHiILANGA GIRL





CHILANGA GIRL




Nothing is as it seems.  I want to write about a new subject, without getting personal.  So will relate this to an anonymous fictional element of my mind, neither living or dead, but comes to life in this blog, because I mention it here.  Chilanga is the feminine aspect of the word, ‘Chilango’, which is Mexican slang  for residents of Mexico City.  So in some ways I am being redundant.  Chilanga is a feminine aspect.  So why do I add to it, and some will say, "…people just know."   Chilanga Girl is mostly a style point for me.  Filling in the empty spaces in my story.  



And it is a blog story.  A place to park a thought and a significant contribution to a blog I am writing.  Have picked this one to demonstrate survival of the fittest in its purest form.  Turns out I want to present Chilango Girl as someone who has shown a remarkable ability to adapt to her new surrounds.  That in itself could be the basis for this entire blog, but it isn’t.  Let me continue.




Changa Girl is a positive experience for me.  She has shown me how it is, and what must happen, as you grapple with new and difficult challenges.  Tackle the problem.  Linguistic.  No longer in a comfort zone.  Wonder if you are making enemies or just new friends with a hostile and aggressive approach.  And most of all, seek the human connection.  Came here for the love of it all.  We all need to feel love.  Be surrounded by it.  And yet, because its a time of extreme change, it almost seems we are saying, "On Hold.  NO time for Love."  




 
But that is why I am writing this blog.  Part of the story is that love must be eternal.  That no matter where we go, Love is there.  And that could be part of the challenge.  To believe that this might be so.  To find love on a crowded street.  And most of all to hold on to the essential passion that makes you, Chilanga Girl.



You can’t propose marriage to a fictional character.  Or can you?  New territory for me.  Falling in Love with a work of art or literary involvement.  Fictional and I will leave it at that.  But have on my mind, she could be the one.  Chilanga Girl.  Need to find a way to make her close to me.  Bring her into my top ten or Fav-5, or some designated way, so she knows how I feel about all this.  Top ranking.  Not sure I will ever know my connection to this person.  Comes across as well-grounded, but with feet on the earth in a most impressive way.  Fictional so I wonder if I will ever know how I feel about her.  But even so, is something I can enlarge and expand upon.  My feelings for Chilanga Girl.  And she looks at me and says in radical style, "Are you serious?"



 


Looking up from the page, I suggest:  "Don’t Criticize me."  Turf and Tribute.  I hope to make conquest here, and am of a stronger position, than she might be.  But don’t bet on it.  Powered by the passions of movement and a strong mind, Chilanga Girl is capable of going from zero to 60 mph in seconds.  Not sure how long it will take for her to know what I am , as she accelerates the chase or escape route.  



 


Author of the moment has an advantage over the fictional character he creates and writes about.  Plot Narrative.  And I hope for my sake, she isn’t putting words in my head, when I say, " You, I would marry."



 
Burning blue Aztec star etches on my personal memory, whenever I think of Chilanga Girl.  Not sure I have a chance to make all this coherent.  Its amazing when love hits you from every angle on the sidewalk.  I like it. Like a piano falling from a 7th Floor Balcony, and how I feel when it finally hits me.  9.8 on the Richter Scale. Earth-shaking and mind rattling, to say the lest.   How she makes me come to life.  Chilanga Girl with a foreign name living in an neighborhood, and almost believable.  Maybe it is the way he writes.  Brings fiction to life and convinces himself.  She is real.  I can see her in my mind’s eye.  I can almost describe what she is wearing.  Can almost smell the perfume and make comment about what I like most about her.  But just that thought stops me.  They are never the way you imagine them to be.  Life and we all have human flaws.  



 
So now I find myself tweaking the situation.  Do my best to cool down.  To find some realizable shade green and gray  and take a deep breath.  No sense losing my head over you.  Not real.  Blogger’s creation.  And that’s it.  Almost.  I must put a stop to this.  Tell myself.  "Chilanga Girl.  Unreal.  Forget about it. 

And while I am at it, I remind myself.  "Forget about it.  Damn Yankees.  Stop losing close games.  This drives me crazy." 

Chilanga Girl.




No comments:

Post a Comment