Monday, June 24, 2013

SKYWALKER




SKY WALKER 





This will be a blog about the fantasy of flight down the path of liberty and freedom.  What does it take.  And yes, what is it I am really doing.  Do I dare ask why?


Finally after months of soul searching, I have decided to do two loads of laundry.  Dirty Laundry.  Just had to make a decision and in my case, it was something simple.  Wash and Clean up the area where the dirty laundry seems to accumulate.  Something smells fishy in Denmark.  Do something?  When I was growing up, this was an insider’s joke at the morning breakfast table, when Dad would ask, "Well Dear, what are you going to do today?"  And usually, day in and day out, Mother would look down at her plate, say a silent prayer, and answer that standard and the expected.  "Taking care of my family.  Its my job."  And with that we would all disperse, none the wiser.  What mother’s really do.


 Something’s rotten in Denmark.  Certainly a period piece for me.  Humor, but not funny.  But in those days, we had no clue whose feeling we would hurt by doing full disclosure or saying such things.  Was a smaller world back then.  Now flash forward.  Mother is liberated.  Ask, "What are you doing today?", and mother’s reply is most certainly to be, "Going to work silly.  Women work for 40% less, and the men are just not what they use to be."  And that was suppose to be the answer.  Pay Attention.  Mother’s at work.  Not sure what Dad’s do any more.  Role Reversal.  Nothing is at it seems.  But nobody is really telling it like it is, and when you do.  Well, if current events are any indicator, men in flight and hence the name for this blog:

 Sky Walker. 


And am afraid to say much more.  The words that come to me, are conditional.  Based on who might be reading my email, or my blogs or listening to my phone calls.  At the moment its like asking mother what her day will be like.  You don’t want to know.  And so you just Sky Walk.  Take an upper.  In the clouds.  Flights of Fancy.  And when its time to land and go home, like mother in morning, you pray for something wonderful to happen.  At least that’s what mother did.  But we are older now.  Mother is at work.  I am not.


Monday.  After years of wondering, I decide.  This is Dirty Laundry Day.  Its a new day, obviously, when I change the pattern and just get busy.  Not concerned with what other’s do.  Don’t ask mother, "How will your day go?"  Instead, I go onto social media on the world wide web, and ask a total stranger.  And that’s how much my world has changed.  And when that doesn’t satisfy, I write a blog and wait.  That might be the truth, but then again.  It’s all alleged.  Questionable.  Clever Flight.  An exercise in imaginative foreplay.  Without consideration of the future.  I just do things.  Oblivious.  And after a busy weekend, I decide.  This is Dirty Laundry Day.




Have something on my mind today?  Want to apologize to mother and all others I might have hurt, by asking or saying:  

"Some thing is rotten in Denmark." 

 I have learned my lesson now.  Years later.  Major changes updated and designed to keep me out of trouble.  Won’t say it as it is, but rather, do like they do.  Put it out there, but with a lot of qualifiers.  Let people pick and choose.  Blow Smoke.  Drink Liquor or Water.  Or like I do.  Just drift away.  And when I return, face the music and the consequences for what I do.  Hence, Dirty Laundry Day.  Now I am older and wiser now.  I say, "Some thing is rotten in (Denmark )  ( Hong Kong )  ( Moscow ) ( Venezuela ) (Cuba ) ( USA ) and perhaps Ecuador. "  But then and even now,   I venture to say.  "I am aware of the risks." 

 " I love the freedom of the skies."  If you are not happy where you are, move."  So it seems that is how it was for some.


Moving day.  And want to express my sorrow when I learned that over the weekend.  The Chicago Blackhawks hockey team beat the Boston Bruins in the 3rd game of the Stanley Cup Finals.  But wait there is more.  There was out in weekend-world - somewhere,  an air show.  And it didn’t turn out so pretty.  Remember this is Dirty Laundry Day.  So I am just putting it out there.  Stunt Pilot and Wing Walker.  One was a man.  The other a woman.  Equal opportunity.  And something terribly wrong happened.  An accident.  Alleged.  Questionable.  Clever Flight.  As I am to understand.  Both died.  In a fiery crash.  Crash and Burn.
Like mother, getting the day started:
"Let’s say a prayer.  For Peace and Redemption."
Amen.


So what have I learned from watching mother, noticing Sky Waker, and Picking One.  Gender indifferent now.  Mother and I hardly speak.  She works.  Brings home the money.  I pay attention.  We agree.  "Don’t ask.  Don’t tell."  Lost years.  And want to say just one more thing.  Not sure where this blog will end.  Probably Ecuador.  But for now, want to say that Luke Skywalker of Hollywood fame, was a legendary war hero who helped defeat the bad-boy-regime.  And if you ask, "Dear Sir, who is that?"  I will say.  Pick One.  I am not at liberty to tell.  But for now, I do write a blog.  Have Monday and it is my Dirty Laundry Day. 


And do confess.  Its only twice a year.  Otherwise, I throw the rotten and decaying part of me into the laundry basket.  There it sits.  Waiting for something to happen.  And that’s it.  Post Traumatic Stress.  Despite the risks.  Its the manly thing to do.  But in this day and stage of development there are risks.  Alleged.  Questionable.  Clever Flight.  Ecuador. 


Have a good day.  Now drinking tea.  Folding laundry.  And getting ready to ask mother, " Describe what you most loved about being young, and having your family around you?"  At the breakfast table.  At the break of day. 







2 comments:

  1. Is eyes open more...insight in sight and I sign. Happy hides behind mother eyes work is but is not the goal. Work happens has its place, obfuscates. Veiling true meaning until days end. Come Friday vespers she will respond if not in words in the gleam in her eyes. Dirty laundry yes happens once or twice a year. Take it out, shake it out...fold and restored to proper places. Gypsy fairy flitter about, Ecuador Manchester or Munich they too have dirty laundry but mother knows! Love is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you A-non for your reply. I cast words into electronic space. usually nobody has the energy to address all the words. So it pleases me. What you have to say. Will look forward to seeing you more. Aspect and angle. Not a big surprise. A-non gray and not necessary every detail of face and hands. More like your words show me what I need to know. Will inspire me to show the mood of the day, by choice of topic. thanks for coming by. Most Delightful.

    ReplyDelete