Tuesday, February 25, 2014

The Dating Investment




INVESTMENT AND  DATING




The sun is going down on the beach.  People are packing up and going home, but you must remember, as a child or as a young mother, when the kids are at water’s edge or in the water, and they hear you calling, " Time to Come In. ", and they just ignore you.  I am having that kind of day.  Neither in the water, or am being ignored, perhaps somewhere in between.  Either way, there is a disconnect that seeks a resolution.  A beautiful day in the sun.  At the beach.  Now shadow is covering me, and I must move to get full benefit of the warming rays.  Winter up north, and Summer down south.  How far south, well I suspect that is up to you and your present day resources.  So lets just say, some are active and some are not.





The-Are-Not-People and I have been in the shade, propped up, reading.  The topic:  101 things every new investor needs to know.  And remember.  At the beach.   And I get distracted.  Kids are playing and I am more or less alone to do my own thing.  Which is reading and not really being active in life.   Reading is a mental thing.  My thing.  A real mental case.  Some would say.  Book Worm. Online phone or computer.  E-reader even.  But for now, I will not get into a debate.  The sun is going down.  Time to pack it up.  Go home or somewhere else.  That’s the basics.  " Time To Come In." 

Call it a day.



At the beach.  Reading about Investment.  And the window in the chat area comes alive.  It says:  " Talking to you as often as we do online, has become a real chore, and I must tell you, a real time investment for me.  Hope you are worth it.  Trust you won’t disappoint me."  And at first I blame it on the sun.  Totally distracted.  Young people in scant attire passing in front of me, during most of this beautiful beach day. 



And its easy to get too involved.  Be it reading.  Or making sure the children are not swept out to sea, while you are fooling around on your computer.  Daunting task, real life and how routine matters, are now quite complex. Pretty much you must pick your way through the jungle of choices that are out there and hidden in the vines and undergrowth, mostly digital.  Reading about Wall Street and money investment.  A friend online reminds me, online friendships are an investment, too. 





And so here I am.  Sun not quite down.  Kids still in the surf playing.  Now I have more than a little on my mind, and I realize how little I know.  About this subject.  Investment.  Dating.  Real Life on and off-line.  And is boiled down to basics, when the kids surround you, saying:  " I’m hungry.  What’s to eat? "  And at that point it all gets real.  Nothing theoretical about it.  One is forced to act.  ROI  ( return on investment ) must wait. 





And its best to give it no mind, when somebody online challenges you, with evaluating self-worth and the dating aspect of having friends online.  Maybe its not dating at all, but how do you know?  That becomes one of the unknowns that come up when you read and try to understand.  Investment.  Dating.  Real Life.


I think you have heard all of this before.  Talked about it.  With friends.  Is long distance relationship the same as talking to a friend daily on the IM Chat Channel?  Not sure.  Not sure if I am wasting my time, trying to figure any of this out.  Little ones at the beach, playing and doing well without me.  They need their alone-time and privacy, as long as they are protected and safe.  So it catches me by surprise, when suddenly somebody comes online and tells me, they don’t want to chat anymore. 






And I tell myself, I need to study up.  Have no clue.  Investment.  Dating.  Real Life.  And never thought about it this way before.  Am a confident man.  But having children changes all that.  Can never be for certain that you are the boss, the man, and the final authority.  But you get the message.  At the beach is still real life.  It has consequences.  The rest is unclear.  Does having friends on the internet have consequences too?  And like I said.  To each his own.  I think you have heard all of this before.  What is the impact of the unintended consequence, when your day at the beach is interrupted by a very important message.  She said,  " Pay attention.  I have time invested in you." 



And suddenly you understand.  Investment.  Dating.  Real Life.  Its all one, in the modern age.  No separation.  Its all in front of you.  Think fast.  Be in control.  Have something of value to exchange in the present moment.  Say.  " I understand.  Can we discuss this tomorrow.  I’m at the beach and the sun is going down.  Need to pack up.  Get the Littles home safely and all that." 

And I am pleased when I see the reply.  " Y-certainly my friend.  Good talking to you.  Have an investment or two myself.  Take care of yourself.  Be safe."  And suddenly you understand.  We live in a complicated world. 

Real Time.






1 comment: