Monday, July 20, 2015

light waves passing



LIGHT WAVES PASSING


 



So I am reading and I never expect to get it right, in the sense there is only one proper answer to the questions I ask.  So has to come down to this being a general inquiry for the mind that is obsessed with knowing it all, and by this time in the development of society and mankind, we are just beginning to find the breakthroughs that might give us enough longevity and experience to go beyond the guess-gesture.  This is not an original thought, as I saw it as a banner from a google search I made.   Too Much Technology and Not Enough Learning, source:  Edutopia.  

 

Start to concentrate on technology and learning, and realize this could be the paralyzing and debilitating effect I was hoping to avoid.  Realize I know so very little about my audience, and when I made the attempt to get to know you,  I made a lot of mistakes.  So now here I sit.  Realizing I just don’t know enough, and I don’t know you.  Comes down to the very point when I give up and turn back, and just leave.  And is what I see happening on one of the blog sites I often post to.


We all know, one is never enough.  More is better, and so we do not leave all our eggs in one basket.  So what does this have to do with the idea we all struggle to comprehend, where our best efforts should be placed?  Move over Shakespeare and admit that living with your significant other, or best mate, or a neighbor in the global environment, has gotten more difficult than ever before. 

 

Too much of anything can’t be good, so the experts recommend moderation.  Not sure I agree, and for most of my years have tried to learn and understand the ways of the working man.  I want things to work.  My relationships.  My time at work and I want it to be both productive and long lasting.  But then I realize, we are all temporary here.  What I want has to be put in perspective.  Important when I was just 20 and deciding a course to take.  School.  Work.  Military.  Church. 


And is the same with most of those who read this.  We made choices and it seemed automatic at the time.  Babies.  The Right Person to have a family with.  No family, just professional correspondence.  We made choices.  And now at every step of the way, we deal with the consequence.  We do.  We have.   Choices Made and Consequence.

 

Over the years I realize,  it comes down to you and I.  And if I don’t know myself and who I am and all those things that brought me in proximity to you, what is the chance or probability I will ever understand you and be so close, we stand side by side on the ground– zero-site, hoping for perfection in the things we say and do, together.  So what chance is there, that light waves are passing, and then they join to be at the point of seen significance.  Is there but one light, and we are all part of such circumstance and occurrence? 


Is a question, I am not going to give a lot of thought to, because I am new here, first time remembering and being conscious.  And if this happened before,  I am just unaware of that at the moment.  Is why I need you.  Is why I need friends and people. 

 

Need to see you and wave.  Need to cross the street and meet and greet.  Need to have this interaction clarified.  Need to have more information about all this.  Need to know you better.  And yet,  at the same time, it seems the light wave, is just that.  I nod and smile and keep moving.  No time to come to you, and get down to the significance of you and I as separate entities, needing to unite.

 


Simple as it seems  this is a situation that comes with such complexity and interference that we scarcely have time for each other.  I blog.  The audience is out there, but do we connect.  And if we do, what does that really mean?  Role playing and the light wave, nothing serious and we have just so much time.  Will I devote that time to you?  Light passing and so is time.  Where do we go from here. 


And that is when I realize That too much technology and not enough learning about the particulars of you and I, existing but not really together, has its downside for me.  Held apart by things we do not discuss, the space between us magnifies and grows.  And that is when I realize, it is never too late. I will blog.    Using words, I will extend myself.  Let you grasp as much of me as you have time for. 

 

And that is my solution to the question I dare not ask.  When do We Have Enough?  And am sure you want to clarify what I am asking of you.  Of course you do, but then its online, and not in the neighborhood and not just down the street.  And so we are left standing with obstacles between us and  like light waves passing in the great unknown, we are there as individuals in a universal setting,  seeking a meaningful connection. 

 

But only for a brief moment do we recognize this as fact, and then you are gone.  We move so fast.  It is over.  And yet, somewhere in the mind or body or consciousness, it registers.  We know.  We recognize each other.  Déjà vu.  What am I to you?  I wonder.


 

2 comments:

  1. Good to read you again. Don't go. Your thoughts stay with me. I am often wrapped up in the more immediate life round me, but more of that some other time. I just want to say that I sometimes listen. Also For me Seatle is you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read this one again. I like the connection. I should be doing the washing up. My daughter and family are traveling a long way to visit today and I must prepare.

    Yet I waste hours writing a not good poem and put it on Facebook where 2 or 3 appreciate and I like to think there is some connection or could be. But poetry is just a scintillation of light.

    I haven't blogged for a while as my technology has made it difficult but glad you keep going. Best wishes, John.

    ReplyDelete