Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Ground Zero Plus One





Zero Ground Plus One


 



This comes as a surprise to me, but then again somewhere in the background of my total existence, this has been lurking.  It started back in 1969 when on a Billboard near the Airport a new sign appeared.  “Will The Last Person Leaving Seattle Turn Out The Lights.”    With time on my hands and nothing essential to turn to, am experiencing a Merger, not of billion dollar corporations, but of thoughts both present moment, future and past.  Hence 1969 and it brings me face to face with the basics of my daily routine.  What to do when things change and nobody is instructing me how to handle the situation in a realistic way that is customized for the way I need things to be.    So didn’t intend to write a blog today.   I always think that if I have energy and time, I should blog, but in 2016 events have swept aside the actuality of that happening. 


 



Loss of family and best friend.  Human suffering and uncertainty, and now in the middle of it all comes the frantic emphasis on all things  Election 2016 in America.   Of course this has been going on for a few years now, but now we have built the stage, placed people in competitive positions, and am watching as we count down to the final verdict and the fact that there will only be Two Left Standing in the contest before us, and Winner takes all.  Is what I woke up to today.  The news and its all about Election 2016 in the USA.  And this has me thinking, I must find an alternative to having this take over my day.  And my solution to the problem that is in front of me, is to sit down and blog and by doing so, take away the emphasis of others, and put myself in the driver’s seat, steering towards a better day, starting now.  Hence this blog:  Ground Zero Plus One.

 


It started for me last week when I was trying to decide what needed to be done, when following the lead and instructions was not working to solve the questions about the current situation I find myself facing.  Seems change has disoriented me and leaves me wondering, “What next?”   Not enchanted by the aspect of driver-less cars and a lot of things now on the drawing board that are proposed and projected for the near-future, will make it my job this week to find a solution that works for me.

 


Is true that maybe longevity for the human race has been increasing, not for all but for some, and that brings me to the point where I need to sample the new environment and pick out where I want to be, among the new buildings and constructions that now are rising and restrict my view and passage from where I am today.  So I was thinking about that, and decided to deal with the situation by changing a few things in my daily routine, and then go from there.  Decide what works for me, then manage my day and energies and output for the sole purpose of doing what works for me.  Forget about the bigger picture and the global aspect of everything.  Not that I would make this my major stand and project for the end days, but in a Battle Royal with the objective being:  Be The Last Man Standing, this would be my focus for now.  Finding alternative that would make me viable and competitive and make it around the bend of a world fixated on Election 2016  in America.


 

Spend some time last week devising a plan and working on it.  “ This will work.”  I said.  Is a simple approach but is the basis for major change and a satisfactory outcome.  Turns out that it all begins with The Internet and locating myself.  Not true GPS mechanics, but rather coming up with an address closest to my mailbox, but not exactly giving away the true particulars of my physical place.  For me, the place name happened to be:  Pike Place Market.  Decided I needed a change, needed to do things different.  It had to be with how I presented myself to others.  So I decided, use the Blog Format that has worked so well for me.  Text and then add pictures.  But this time keep it basic and relative to my true existence and place in the world.  Start with one picture.  And if necessary add another picture at the end just to provide symmetrical balance.  The rest of the blog would be mostly text and about the world that is closest to me in the physical sense, and not a computer or internet or global world that I have used as my blog platform for all these many years.  Start with Pike Place Market and go from there.

 



Not sure how long this format will actually withstand the pressure of the outside world.  How much do you really need to know about another person’s personal life and physical placement?  One blog about The Pike Place Market should be enough, but then I must restate.  This is a new world and way he is dealing with.  Starting from Ground Zero and working his way out to you,  he adds The-Plus-One.  He begins to talk about how things use to be, and how rapid change has erased that landscape and erected new structures around him.  He thinks he has the right idea.  One picture is worth a thousands words.  And this suits him, as he likes to keep his blogs brief, not short and pointless, but so that nobody gets bored or runs out of time, and stops reading his daily post.


 



So that’s it.  I have tried to keep up with what others are doing, but have fallen behind to the degree, I find myself alone and isolated.  Probably what happens and is something we all have experienced.  But I have today and am working on the situation I find myself facing.  Will limit the pictures, and might just use something simple as filler between Picture #1  and Last Picture #1.   Can’t really know for sure what I will do and how it will work out, until its done and we can evaluate its net worth to me.  But what I like about all this is that I find a way to have the energy to deal.  Rapid change and new constructions, and instead of blaming all this on Amazon.com and huge corporations, I will just say.  “Shit Happens.”   But don’t really mean to have that be my last word on the situation.

 

 Will start at ground zero and add:  Plus One.   Eventually I will keep going until I am satisfied with all this.  Another day.  And now its time for my walk.  So will complete this blog and trust all is well for you. 

 “G’Day”.   He says. 


And wanders off.  Thinking about tomorrow.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment