Sunday, May 15, 2016

Piebald Majesty




Piebald Majesty




The trouble with morning is that I need something to get myself kick-started.  Don’t need a new $40,000 motorcycle, but like the idea of bringing Indian Motorcycle and brand back to life.  Some folks are doing that as we speak, and would say.  “It’s a classic.”  Proper line and power and style, and perhaps that is what we are looking for.  And that is the trouble with morning, it over-laps that other spelling: mourning and because I can’t separate the lines between before and after, there is a certain pattern forming and without tea or coffee or clarity, it all blurs and becomes one.  Classic styling blends with piebald majesty, and the will-power to differentiate one from the other is missing.  By lunch time this will not be a problem for me, as I will have written down my thoughts, posted a blog, had my morning/mourning coffee or tea, and set my course in the day I seem to be wrestling with just now.


 


Piebald Majesty
This part is not original material and must be given credit.


All this concerns the use of the word piebald.  Starts with another person's blog:  10 animals with unusual color mutations and brings us to the beauty  I am referring to as piebald majesty.  Its morning and I am yet to be clear and specific, yet have confidence that others have come before me and can help on this matter.


 

Why say piebald when you don’t really want to say, spotty or blotched.  Color or pattern mutation will suffice.  Indian Motorcycle.  Classic.  Picture of animals that look different and yet most of that is cosmetic and once you get beyond the exquisite variance in look, one is able to identify the item or individual or animal.  Motorcycles or pink dolphin and we seek to make it simple, recalling the original and not something else.

 


Reading about Venus the cat from the suggested link, and keep with me that this is a cat with two faces.  Explains a face split in half.  Goes towards explaining the expression that is derogatory when used in the human person context:  two-faced.  Duality and discussion or mentioning of morning or mourning in the same sentence.  The good news is that I didn’t use photo-shop to bring this example to you.  Just borrowed an internet link and work of an internet contributor, whose name I do not know.  Named the site:  cuteoverload.net  and will leave it at that.  What is really on my mind is that if we credit all this to the works of nature, then in some small way I feel like it has nothing or very little to do with me, and a lot to do with the mysterious nature of creation.


 

Now I feel better and am warming to the idea that this is something I can do.  Wake up.  Begin to write, without an original thought in my head.  Let the mix of night dreams blend with daytime reality and by the time I am done with my first cuppa  (tea or coffee or lemon water ), I am on a roll.  I like the idea that the words:  Majesty, which in this case refers to pedigree status, appears side by side Piebald, which at best can be said to be nature’s tattoo overlaid on the pedigreed-one.  Odd phrasing but then again the point of all of this to me is how variation is the key to sorting out that which is in front of you, and how diversity can be explained.



Have a sister-in-law, who has a sister who paints birds.  Received a birthday card recently that was a blank bird card and then made complete by writing on the inside that said it perfectly:  Happy Birthday.  Yet, looking at the card as it came from the envelope,  I turned it and turned it until the image became recognizable to me.  Color and shape and pattern and is nature’s way of protecting its off-springs.  Protective coloring or camouflage, and when I see humans wearing such clothing, I think of war.  And there I go again.  Duality.  Morning or Mourning.  Majesty or Piebald.  Here I go again.  Flip-bored or wait, is it Flipboard.  Too many variations and suddenly simplicity becomes complex, and we wonder:  “What is he talking about?”

 

Two-faced or wait one face split in half, and it is up to me to recognize you.  No need to shoot a selfie in the mirror to realize my face is a  piebald mess and I should apply makeup before I appear in public.  Blogs are but a device to conceal the true identity and look of the contributor.  Read the words and be not concerned with appearance.  Be nondescript but not invisible.  Use an Avatar.  Have identity, but not in the sense that it is valid and true.  Protective colors become a shade of yesterday appearing in the reflection of a future, we are never guaranteed.  So what am I looking at.  A freak.  A fake.  A variation.

 


And am mentioning this because I am taken with the idea of having my picture taken standing beside  an Indian Motorcycle and now it makes me consider this.  Go to a museum and find an original Indian Motorcycle and snap my picture when the security guard isn’t looking, or go to the new dealership just down the road and have my picture taken with the variation of the bike they have made look like the original 1920’s bike:  The Classic.


And all this talk about Being in the Majesty’s service, and pedigreed originality and having unquestionable presence and dignity, becomes indignant and revolting when in the next instance I click to another page and instantly am faced with Hillary or Donald and am appalled.

 

As if morning and mourning become one.  As if Piebald Majesty becomes a statement of fact and contradiction appears before the judge and when its all over and a verdict is given, I live with the idea that nobody is perfect and the sooner I get down with that, the sooner I will realize that over time nothing remains the same what was the perfect look of youth just yesterday, is now the piebald majesty of maturity and wisdom, and the mosaic patterning of life from beginning to end, and it is okay.  Okay to buy a new Indian Motorcycle.  Okay to pay cash and make up the difference for the short-fall by using my credit card.  Okay to tell you all of this and show you a picture of gypsy pony and leave it like that.  “Nice ride.”  He said.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment