Monday, October 31, 2016

House Call



House Call

 

He has these thoughts in his head, and is looking for somewhere to put them.  So he blogs, and decides that once written and posted, he is done with it.  But of course, one often has to reckon with the sub-conscious and nightmare-ish dreams that materialize, just when you want to wake up and get started with your day.  He wants to welcome the new day, and welcome himself to the new-normal.  But then comes a conflict in terminology and he knows he needs to choose his words more carefully.  “Whoa Nelly.”  And is not sure if he is talking to his horse, long gone and not really accounted for, as they went from Farm to City, and in the shuffle he could not get a permit for the horse.  So old story,  some things got lost in the shuffle.

 


House Call.  My blog for today.  Who is present and who is not?  Could be the issue for today, if I could get past the word play.  Aberration.  New Normal.  What does it matter when I can’t find the toothbrush, nor the hairbrush.  Quite a tangle and must say, “Its raining.  The grass isn’t quite as green as it will be in a few days, thanks to the abundance of run-off.”  And this is everything you ever wanted to know, and more.  Too much information and what does any of this have to do with me?  Is something I often ask, when I come online and put the google page on center stage.  Look at what is presented, and have doubts about the new normal, but then decide that if I have a cup of tea or coffee and some toast, my blood sugar levels will get where it is easier for me to digest what I see.


Meet and Greet, and gentle myself into a new day, even if it seems like yesterday’s repeat, and I have but one hat to wear, as you webcast me and I am out there, making a first impression to all the new viewers in the world.  Which brings me to my starting point.  Australia and Queensland.  Is wide-lens material that now puts weight on the subject:  House Call.  “Where am I?  Do I have permission to enter, or even knock on the door, that seems to be right in front of me?”  Non-traditional blog when you take it world-wide.  And it’s the new security that intrigues me as I wonder:  “Am I safe.  Do I have to worry about what I drink or eat?”  And with that, his mind wanders.  The attention span without tea or coffee is just 8 seconds.  And it all comes to the point of recognition, when he says, “Aberration.  Alternative Thinking and Outcome. Where is all this taking me, when I post such things online?”


 

Sometimes  I just want to know.  About the horse.  “Was its name really Nelly?”  Tied up and secure, and before I could get back on topic,  Urban Density had increased and we changed places.  Rural and Urban populations changing places, and it happened in my lifetime.  And now, it is as if that is more important than what happen to the horse, and if it really mattered if it was Nelly, or a branded name, like Trigger.  Flash on that thought, and get distracted.  Roy Roger and his horse.  White Hat and for a while it was important to me, that this was the world I woke up to.  Gone now.  I have nightmares.  I don’t like to wake up and immediately dwell on recalling what flashed before me and made me wonder.  “Is any of this real?”



He said it then, knowing it could not be repeated later.  It was that toxic.  “I had this dream and it was scary.  Would like to tell you about it, but more than 2/3rds of it has been forgotten, and I have been awake but 30 minutes, and still no tea or cup of coffee.


 

Halloween and it occurs now.  That is today.  And tonight.  The children in costumes and out and about, doing The Trick or Treat Routine.   Wonder if any of that influenced me, and was represented by the dream/nightmare that brought me into this day.  Know its  beyond Feminism, and until November 8th in America, is but still a dream.  First woman president in America.  First Lady of a President becomes First Lady of the position, POTUS.  Have decided its like rural and urban, we have made a change.  For the better, and I am surely not the one to incorporate that into the dream or nightmare I just had.  Halloween and it occurs to me now, it is but one day and it will be over soon.  Almost noon, and it has taken me this long to sort things out, and then just let it go.


House Call and even if you do not open your door to me,  I will leave it on your doorstep.  Words and thoughts and my Halloween Mask.  Don’t need it.  Live in a high rise with good security in downtown Seattle.  Kids stay local and don’t know the elevator codes to get to me.  For this I am thankful.  But still a little sad.  I forgot where I tied my horse, and say, “Whoa Nelly.”  But then realize,  none of that is important now.  Is Halloween and 2016.  That is now.  Urban density and what happens when you turn the kids loose, tracking down some free candy, and it makes me wonder.  Aberration or new normal, and he wants to know.  “How long has this been going on?  Are we safe?”


 


Seems like the day has passed me by.  Waking up at 5 am and at first I thought it was the key to health and happiness, and that if I woke up feeling happy, it would stay with me for most of the day.  Then as it becomes known, I become aware that others celebrate Halloween, and do so by posting a selfie online and on their blog.  Make my way to Blog Space, with the intention of posting the blog I just wrote.  But then something terribly disturbing happens. 

 

A Selfie.  Not Me, but disturbing never-the-less.  Don’t ask what she was wearing at the time the selfie-picture was taken.  Just say, “Whoa Nellie.”  And leave it at that.  Dressed up or dressed down.  These selfie pictures go online and get around.  

Disturbing, but still the alarm has yet to go off in my brain. 


Nightmare on Elm Street and its’ sequels and was able to manage that without any permanent damage.  But now, without warning, am faced with The Selfie, but its not me.  And it is not anybody I really want to get to know.  Paralysis happens.  Freeze Frame and in the moment, and it is really too much.  Pop Up and Images, and it is like nothing I have ever seen before.  But like I said.  “I have forgotten.  But at the time I wanted to tell you about my dream.  I thought it might interest you.”


 

And that’s it.  House Call. Halloween Selfie just showed up.  It was scary, when later on it occurred to me:  “She looks like my first girlfriend and was it not for the draft and VietNam Call Up, we would have been married.”


No comments:

Post a Comment