Tuesday, November 22, 2016

How.Is.It.Possible





How.Is.It.Possible


 

Again I am having to come up with a format or a way of doing it my-way.  Two contradictory ideas running parallel and he thinks it important to give them equal time without being biased.
Main idea he wanted to write about in this blog:  How is it possible I missed this?
Have decided I could write a book about such a topic but am willing to discipline myself and leverage the moment and the situation to condense it all to a daily blog.  Keep it short.  Make a point.  Post it.  Come back tomorrow.


Two ideas on the page that I want to give equal exposure and time.  Is it possible?  This could lead to a discussion that opens doors of opportunity for some, and slams the door shut for others.
My second major theme for this blog.  How is it possible I missed this?
And could spend quite some time going into a discussion about missed opportunity and how my whole education and family and cultural upbringing, prepared me to miss certain things in life.

 


Probing and wondering if indeed I missed anything, or if this was just selective living, such that it was the best survival technique available to me at the time.  Didn’t miss anything important, but now that we look back with hindsight, seeing we have The Internet and Connected Society, we may be missing many opportunities and future events, just because it is so new and we have yet to apply the energy and effort to be-in-the-know, whatever that means.

 


Contrast that with the idea of  need-to-know, and realize there are many things that some do not allow us to know or have access to.  Is this possible, that we have had this artificial restriction imposed upon us.  Access to Information, and is that limitation now removed, with the advent of The Internet?  Not sure where we begin with a discussion like this, realizing this is a blog and I must keep it short.

 


Keeping this conversation short might prove to be impossible.  How is it possible?  How.Is.It.possibe and this is a new way of presenting all of this to myself.  What did I miss?  And this may involve a discussion about  timing and development.  What did I miss because there was no computer available to me in 1953?  What did I miss and how is it possible that something like this could happen?


Of course, I have my own perspective on this, and maybe the reason I take the time and energy to blog about such things.  How can we miss something, if it is unknown to us.  Hence a discussion on the principals of  need-to-know living and being.  Inclusion and Exclusion as a principled way of social being and interaction.  Gets deep and complicated just by introducing such things as simple as  need-to-know.


 


Missing something?  What did I miss.  Leads me to a path where I have 9 out of 10 chances to stay off the path and be lost.  Not sure if this is where I want to go.  Missing something.  Taking the wrong turn.  Ending up in the wrong place.  Wow.  Didn’t want to take this conversation to this intersection of wrong or right.  Nope, is something I was hoping to avoid.  The wrong place or topic or path.  So missing something and asking, “how is this possible?”, and then being clever and thinking you can end up somewhere else just by using a different format:  how.is.it.possible .

 


Missing Something , and missing someone and suddenly I am wondering how it is possible I missed out.  Missed out on what?  A little companionship.  A major development of being human.  What did I miss?  And that could be a blog for another day.   Why do we miss someone.?  Why does this come up during the holidays.?  Leads us to talk about relationships and family and love.  Love the holiday season.  Is something that comes with me.  Pleasure and Passion for this time of year.  And is my job to make it happen.  Holiday Cheer.

 


At the point where this blog becomes too long.  So will cut it short.  But before I go.  Will wish you a happy and prosperous period of celebrating and being with others.  Am good to go now.  Won’t stray off the path, because I won’t go there.  Will stay at home.  Turn on the music, and turn up the lights.  Will brighten my surrounding and gladden my heart, raising spirts to the highest point, by just saying, “Holiday Wishes to All.  Have a good time.”


And for now.  That’s it.  Won’t dwell on something more complicated than I have time to attend to in the present moment.  Is fun to wonder and speculate, but as my friend Lonnie once said,  “Now is not the time.     Won’t tell you what else she said and did, as that will be considered as of this moment, as a need-to-know subject, declared by me, as off-limits.  Restricted.  And for now.  That’s it.  Holiday’s are just in front of us.  Let’s go there.  And do it safely.  And yes,  have fun.  Tis the Season.  2016.  Enjoy.



1 comment:

  1. Not only have you moved me a little towards 'Merry Christmas' but have given me 2 ideas. What is missing and does it matter. But you also have me thinking. That's good. So much of what I get is attempts to get me to believe this or that, do this or that.
    I hope we both can have a fulfilled holiday and lose ourselves and others in happy places.

    ReplyDelete