Monday, November 7, 2016

Take Out The Garbage




Take Out The Garbage


 

I feel like I am standing on top of myself, and suddenly with excitement I feel taller.  Not that I wanted to be a High-Rise or a basketball player, but add-ons and enhancements, and taller and lighter, but not really misinformed or deformed by the transformation.  Have written about it recently.  Replacement Therapy and so am aware that my status is temporary.  I am shrinking and before long I will hardly be seen.


And yes,  it’s a well known fact to me,  I crave attention.  Am a center stage man, and yet as we hinted at,  am not tall enough to be Center Player on a professional basketball team.  No longer even average height, and is why I feel like I am not who I think I am.  See myself proud and standing tall.  On top of myself with joy and contentment.  Had enough and am beyond adolescence and puberty, and may even be entering the last installment.  Even so, is not stopping me.  Blog and express myself and even mention the impossible.  Like starting over again.  When that comes to mind, I am reminded of something the Mothers and Elders would say, 

“Take Out The Garbage.”

 

It happens.  Then and Now.  Was not just a by-product of early development and going in all directions at once.  Back in the 50’s and it was a slower pace.  America was smaller then, and had less people.  Turn of the century numbers and maybe 75 million people in America.  As we know,  the numbers change, larger or smaller,  depending on your objective and point of view.  Just am aware that in 2016 there are more than 300 million people in the nation.


 

Mathematical and its impossible to say for sure, how many of these people are here on Visa’s and Tourist Permits, and how many are planning to stay and live here, and be my replacement people.  It happens.  High rise buildings and urban density, and as I look out my window, I see cranes and construction and the signs of more people in my neighborhood.  Which makes it more important what Mother and the Elders said.  “…..Take Out The Garbage.”


 

The facts are getting lost in the political rhetoric.   But it seems this is the time to talk about it.  For some, debates and conjecture turn into a research project.  Fact Checking.  And as far as I can tell,  some people are held to a higher standard.  “Where are you getting that information from?  Is it true?  Is it factual?    Then there are some who do stream of consciousness reporting.  They just say whatever comes to mind in the moment and let others figure out if it is true or not.

 

Soon we will fall into a stupor, overwhelmed by the amount of media material and discussion that was there to meet us at every turn.  Tiring, but we are almost at the end now.  My job is to manage my affairs.  Do what I am told.  “Take Out The Garbage.”  Said Mother and the Elders.  And when I did.  Life was simple and uncomplicated.  I just did what I was told.   And lived to be another day older and deeper in debt.   

John Henry.

 

We are almost there.  Destination and arrival time on the Big Screen.  ETA and feels like we are right on time.  Some delays, but not because we stand around and talk about it.  We have our connected devices and this is taking up a lot of time.  But is part of our routine now.  Have others and robots to do the homework, or is it house work.  Take Out The Garbage now lies in another domain.  Progressed and are beyond slavery.  People talk and look at their devices.  Machines work. 

 

And Mother would not be pleased, but that is a topic for another time.  No reason to burden oneself.  Take it off the To-Do-List.  Take Out The Garbage.  Is like debating how many people were in the United States in 1901, and is probably like it will be when the grandchildren in 2050 stop to debate the issues. “ 400 million people.  That’s a drop in the bucket now.  Mexico and Canada and yes its true.   

We are all one big happy family now.  

 Can you believe that?”

 


And suddenly I am getting sick to my stomach.  Without fact checking, am reminded that when in a blog or online,  it is not what you say that influences others, its how many times you say it, and if persistent, words become viral and before you know,  400 million views is not impossible.  And he laughs.  Keep it simple.  Do what you are told.  Put away your devices and do something. 

“…Like Take Out The Garbage.”  Do it now. 



Tomorrow we will be busy.  Getting out the vote or something.  Doesn’t matter really if you recall,  he is shrinking and too short to see, the forest from the trees.  High Rises everywhere.  Natural truth and beauty and it is true.  “Hard to see now.  And yes, its true, I’ve stopped looking.”  Don’t have to do much anymore.  If it is important I can find it on FaceBook.   

You think?


 


2 comments:

  1. I found a beauty in that piece. I admire your fluency and your subjects. FB Is filling with garbage. I am in Edinburgh. Today I am going to a Salsa class, a new start but I have never been able to do or learn any dance steps. I write short pieces and am pleased with my few lines on Autumn.

    Autumn Prayers

    Above me,
    beneath me,
    and falling to earth,
    Autumn prayers.

    I liked John Donne:

    No spring nor summer beauty hath such grace
    As I have seen in one autumnal face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello John. Is time for a new blog from me. Like the Brevity of your word display. Like the pictures of Kola and John in tree. Can't dance, but go to dances myself. Ballroom and sedate and quiet mood and light, the classic and the traditional. Salsa and cuban beats and circle dance from Ukraine. Like that, but can't remember from year to year, who my favorite dance partner is. So I take classes. And find new ways to invigorate.

      Good to see you home and on my site. Good to feel australia, and yet know... the highlands are home. So much contrast, and yet with family there ..... its all connected.

      appreciate seeing signs of John. Autumn and Winter, and new year coming. Will write about that. In a new blog. I will.

      Delete