Sunday, November 20, 2016

Natural Light



Natural Light

 



I am not sure if this is a believable situation.  Tis Sunday morning and just 6 am.  I am awake and lately or wait, since October when I was deadly or maybe say, “Very Sick.”, I have looked at the start of each new day quite differently.  As if each is a delicate and fragile gift and I should be most careful how it is received, handled and repackaged in both daily and long-term memory.  This is new for me.  Before lying on my floor without anything but water when I could force it into me, I just assumed the passing of the days.  Wake up.  Go to work.  Complete the routine and don’t rock the boat.

 


And I did that until I was about 50 years old.  Then things changed, mostly in the environment and locality where I lived, and not wanting to move, I continued with nature’s plan, this thing called behavioral and species adaption.  Now year’s later, to prove the point that I didn’t just adapt and turn into a couch potatoe, I will mention that on this day, November 20, 2016, I will be walking out of my residence at 10 am and making my way down the hill and into a football stadium.  This is mentioned to strengthen the point I want to make.  I am not a couch potato over the age of 50.  I am attending a football game along with 70,000 others.  And the highlight of this all is the visiting team.  Philadelphia. Seen in Natural Light.  Hawks and Eagles.

 



And just one more thing, to tie this all together and make one coherent paragraph out of the opening salvo of words.  Spontaneous Disruption.   You see, I wanted to title this blog:  Spontaneous Disruption in Natural Light.  But I have found over the years, the longer the title, the few are the readers that come to your blog and join in the joint venture of the reader-writer experience.  So the title is:  Natural Light.  The content material will be mostly about spontaneous disruptions in life, and how that has anything to do with the coming and going of this blogger, and the coming and going of each new day he finds himself participating in.  Alive. 

 


 A Live Blog.  Not Couch potato.  Football Stadiums and a team to support.  And if this is not enough material for a blog about spontaneous disruption in natural light,  I will provide some unexpected twists and turns in the plot or story or point I hope to be at by the time this blog is complete.  Let us begin.


 


Back to the subject of spontaneous disruption before I forget what I wanted to say.  Aging and memory loss, and that could be a good example of spontaneous disruption, but even so that isn’t the primary thing I wanted to say in this paragraph.  Also was not going to spend a lot of time and energy on Couch Potato, although I did want to mention that today would be a good day to be one.  Seems that the weather is favorable for creating The Perfect Storm.  Rain. Wind.  Turbulence.  A good day to stay home and watch a football game on TV.  But I still have the issue of natural light to attend to.  Natural light as in sunlight and directional cast from light reflected or deflected off or through the cloud layer that at this moment passes overhead.

 

Natural light, as in that which you see, sitting in an outdoor stadium with 70,000 others that have paid good money for the privilege of being there with you.  Natural light and what there is of it, with the lights turned on at 1 pm on a Sunday afternoon, and threatening sky and rain clouds and rain over the top.  Add to that the smartphone selfie distraction and mini-flashes of light going on and competing with the drops of rain on glasses, now covered with mist and moisture and perspiration, as the game goes along and you become more involved.  Couch Potato no more,  but live and getting livelier as your team falls behind by 14 points and you are certain that a losing effort will spoil this day, G-D given and precious and what I was saying at the beginning.  “A Fragile and Precious Gift.”



Am fact checking now before I proceed.  Into the storm and off to the stadium, but that happens in a few hours, and before then I want to make a correction
I said:  “….  A delicate and fragile gift.”


 


Not sure it is worth quibbling about.  Delicate or Precious.  The point to be made is that I woke up this morning, and will be going to a football game that starts at 1:30 pm, local time.  Adding to this the idea of not being a couch potato, even as it seems this would be the perfect day for transforming into one.  Bad weather and what does one expect in November and just a few days before Thanksgiving.  Often we look for the first snow and the opening of the Ski Slopes, but in my case, I look forward to going to an outdoor event in bad weather and I am not picky if its snow or rain or just climate-change-controlled glacial depressions of the deepest kind.

 

Not wanting to get off topic, I now will work my way through the process of waking of up, having a cup of tea, completing a blog, as it is my early morning routine and habit to turn on the computer first thing after going to the bathroom and doing first morning things.  Turn on the light.  Wake up the mind.  Turn on the computer.  Wake up the Tea-pot.  And all those little things we do, when first greeted by morning.

 

Spontaneous disruption and think back to 1980 and that era, when Mount St. Helen erupted and spew ash and fire and dirty air into the sky.  Remember how it spoiled my day and the weeks beyond that day, as I could not breath and did a lot of coughing.  My mind comes to light on that event and it  is etched in clay on the lamp I keep.   The lamp is an artist’s view of the erupting mountain in artistic terms, reminding me that this truly did happen.  The eruption of Mount Saint Helen.  Which is to this day my best example and reminder of spontaneous disruption in natural light.


No comments:

Post a Comment