Tuesday, February 26, 2019

I take a vacation



I TAKE A VACATION





Working on the idea of getting back to blogging on a daily basis.  Is causing a scheduling conflict, but will cope with that the best I can.  My goal is to write.  Daily.  For the last year my time and energy has gone to writing, but not blog writing.  Have been working on 2 books over the last year.  One is in the completion stage.  The other is just beginning,  with a 100 pages written.



Stating this  as a way to explain the basis of the conflict coming back to blogging on a daily basis presents me.  Conflicted, but will manage in an odd way.  


Blogging as I know it is for the purpose of entertaining.  And for giving me purpose and space to write.  Perfect when this is all the writing one does.  Conflict when you blog and also try to write according to commercial or academic standards.  Difficult to blog and write manuscripts at a high level.  Am finding that to be the case.


Moving forward with the emphasis.  "Keep it Real."  


In the past this was not how I would blog.  Best to say.  "Blogging may be out of style.  Not in vogue.  10-12 years after its' initial exposure on the social media scene, this is just the way it is.  An oddity.   Have talked about this before.  "Not popular now."  So he asks.  "Why bother?   Why blog now?"  There is no one answer.  Entertainment.  creating an audience.  Enjoy the company of others, based on writing.  


Now it is the Selfie Snap A Picture routine.  say something.  Be gone.  Isn't me.  Yet, change is required.  Entertain, but not truthful on a personal level.  Speak in first person format and yet none of it is verifiable, nor personal in the sense, it all comes from real life, or as some say, "A True Story."    Might be an interpretation of what an alternative life might be, done from a writer's perspective, take liberty with time and place and factual detail.  Has to  be a good story.  Must entertain.  That was me in  2006.  Was busy with a writers creation.  Daily blog.  Character seen in print.  Was it me?  Not sure?  Fiction.  Justified it by saying, "Fiction is stranger than real life.  Entertaining."   



Now  years later, am done with that in a marginal way.    So let me tell you what I am doing for blog material.  Is an experiment and a creative challenge.  Found on the Internet a language teaching program that plays   for 8 hours while the student is sleeping.  Sub-conscious entry into the mind.  "Does it work?"  Not sure.  But serves the purpose of providing me with blogging material.



Today I start with the phrase:  I Take A Vacation.  It is spoken and written in 2 different languages, all while I am sleeping.  When you awake it is suppose to mean something that you can recall and use.  Is to be there for your usage and benefit.  Language learning.  "Not sure if it works."



Do know that it provides me with a blog topic.  I TAKE A VACATION.  


Writing a blog and it shouldn't be stressful.  Should be like when you take a vacation and buy a romance novel-summer-light-book.  Read some, but only for pleasure.  Toss it when the vacation is over.  Done.  Done.  Doing this for fun.  What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.  Don't make it work.  Enjoy yourself or just don't do it.  That is the general idea of what a vacation should be.




Interesting take on things.  ' Go on vacation',  or as American slang might indicate:  I take a vacation.   Nobody gives it to me.  If I want it, I take it.  Displays indicators of an aggressive nature and people.   American slant on such a general thing.  "Not going to work.  Take a break.  Refresh.  Avoid burnout.  Be gone."   Want to suggest, 'stop being so aggressive.'  Vacation is not a competitive event.  Drop the posturing .  Stop pretending you are rich and vacation is just another way of saying,  "Have or Have-not.  Posh.  Posh."




We go looking for answers.  But there is no question.  Work tells us we have 2 weeks a year for vacation.  It is mandatory.  Work doesn't say:  "Stay-cation."   Stay home if your can't afford a proper vacation is up to you.  New considerations now that I am forced to say, "I take a vacation.  Can't afford it.  Stay home."  Is what we did.  Had more time for my second job.  Was a timeout, but not really as you would say, "Fun."




Keep it real.  And to further this he says.  "Not a real vacation."



I Take A Vacation.   There is no one way to do it.  Complicated by the fact that I am old now.  Retired.  Waited until now to vacation properly.    Retired.  Maybe I am on vacation 365 days a year.  Not sure.  Am new at this,  being on vacation aspect of life.



In America.  Did you know?  There is no law in the United States that requires an employer to give you paid vacation time.  They do shut down government in America from time to time.  "I Take A Vacation", means  non-essential federal workers are told to stay home.  Others are told to come to work, but you won't be paid.  Yet, its mandatory.  True Story.   Part  of the new way I am presenting this blog material.  


Not sure what is more important.  I take a vacation, implying I will not be going to work.  Not clear at this point if my job will be there when I return.  Interesting.  True Story.  Going on vacation for millions is like being laid off.  "Will let you know if we will be calling you back."  Says the boss in an email or on Twitter, but not to your face.    Separates personal from the collective.  Mass Unemployment.  The I Take A Vacation version.  America.  Today.  



1 comment:

  1. after 1 years of vacation or timeout, have posted and now at least one view. makes it what it is, and now will move ahead to next blog that is waiting in the wings. takes a bit of presentation time and typing, but will follow through. looks to be that blogging in general and blogger.com is on the downturn. not sure how to read random blogs from blogger any more. so writing to an empty seating arrangement. tis how time marches on, leaving me in an empty theater watching silent movies.

    ReplyDelete